ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Got these today
:)

4aqe3e4e.jpg

Shinearama tell you to go with dragons breath over iron x?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
MGTD0001PB Utility Brush1
£5.00£5.00
RGBS0001Raceglaze Detailing Brush Set1
£12.00£12.00
PBCL0001PB Cleaning Brush1
£5.00£5.00
GYCL0100GYEON Q2M CLAY - 100 g1
£10.00£10.00
GYBA0400GYEON Q2M BATHE - 400 ml1
£12.50£12.50
3MMT00033M High Performance Masking Tape - 3 Pack (saving of 5%)1
£7.10£7.10
AFVE1000Auto Finesse Verso - 1 L1
£9.00£9.00
PBSW0001PB Luxury Spoke Back Woolie - Small1
£13.50£13.50
GYRI0030GYEON Q2 RIM - 30 ml Set1

Then on ebay I bought some more brushes, more bilthamber clay in case the Geoyn stuff is pants.

Let me knwo where you get your hubikote from

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Cheers dude, I loved the smell and feel of that product, went a long way too. Oh and I ordered some of that bullet carnauba spray from the box before.

Cheers dude, I loved the smell and feel of that product, went a long way too. Oh and I ordered some of that bullet carnauba spray from the box before.

Agreed, it also helped with my extremely hard water.

Haven't tried that one actually. If I can make it down this or next Sat, I might just bring a bag of them with me and try them out on whatever is lion around.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I really enjoyed using the spin doctor, but then again I came from using the silverline lol

I thought everyone knew about that stuff. PB gave up CarPro/IX etc because of margins. They simply spat the dummy but they realise how successful the range is now and have marketed it well.

Kev, I started reading some of those replies between Gyeon and other members and then, in the words of Austin Powers "Oh no, I've gone cross eyed". The industry is hilarious. Who copied who, who rebrands or rebottles who, who advertises or works with who due to which product margins etc...

As someone who can afford to buy the products I want, I really couldn't give a f**k if PB use Gyeon or CP. I want a product that works.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Kev, I started reading some of those replies between Gyeon and other members and then, in the words of Austin Powers "Oh no, I've gone cross eyed". The industry is hilarious. Who copied who, who rebrands or rebottles who, who advertises or works with who due to which product margins etc...

As someone who can afford to buy the products I want, I really couldn't give a f**k if PB use Gyeon or CP. I want a product that works.

Me either! I couldn't care, personally it's the lying and underhand nature that annoys me more than anything. See Limited Edition Desire for eg...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just read that thread as missed the 2nd page! There are admissions and everything in there hidden in gobbledy gook!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
There's 100's of people that truly believe that every man'f sits in there own unit hand mixing and pouring products themselves. It was pretty obvious visiting AF that they didn't make it themselves in-house. the sooner that people realise that there are only a handful of actual man'f out there that supply to individual companies to their own requirements the sooner all these petty arguments from brand followers will stop. To me it's fairly obvious that these companies buy in base products and/or tweek them to suit their own wants or needs.

take angelwax for example, known for producing Desire and the original bilberry wheel cleaner, got angry when both the companies went to another man'f. nothing new there really.

Twingo Dynamique
So yeah... just splashed out on this from CYC:

Monster Microfibre - Purple Monster
Gtechniq C2 - Liquid Crystal v3
Gtechniq - G5 Clear Vision Glass Coat
Ultra Fine Buffing Towels Pkg/2
600ml Plastic Bottle with Sprayer

hopefully i will work out how to use them... and be able to notice the results... i'd still class myself as a "car-cleaning rookie" i dont think i yet deserve the title of "detailing rookie" !!

Twingo Dynamique
Previously I have decontaminated the car, and applied triple and /or ag srp. At one point I have had a layer of vics red wax too

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Trying to resist the urge of buying another DA / Rotary, I seem to buy one around Christmas, use it early in the year prepping for summer then sell it on mid - end of summer.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I know I really should, but it doesn't get used often enough (once, maybe twice a year) it seems like such a shame leaving it sat there all alone the rest of the time.