ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
3" backing plate
3 4" hex pads
4 5.5" hex pads
i1
reload
Iron x
C6
2 x DDJ fantastic fur microfibres
Valet pro dash brush

2x lather for friends
And 5l of hyper wash for another friend.

f**k! :( £160 and I didn't even get dlux (ironically what I was originally after )

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The pads are the expensive bits I find. 3 pads and your up to £30 pretty much. I don't mind paying for the chemicals as long as they work. I try to go for the ones that are tried and tested.

my only worry in that list is c6

Clio 172 + 172 cup
2 x Hex-Logic 5.5" orange pads
2 x Hex-Logic 4" orange pads
1 x Hex-Logic 4" white pad
1 x 3.5" dual action backing plate

Getting ready to tackle the little fiddly bits around the front and rear of the car.

MC

Ordering detailing gear is dangerous. You just want so much!

Just ordered more 'regular' supplies of drying towels, applicator pads, microfibre cloths and avalanche.

Oh and some C2v3... :)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
das 6 pro
Black and white pad
Masking tape
Clay
Iron x 1litre
FogFight
Tire applicator

I seriously need to tryout this c2v3 (once ive used up my current meguires liquid wax which im using ontop of AG HD)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My new Migliore ceramic sealant is being delivered today! Hoping to get it used on Monday!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. If it stays, the winter will be a good test. The offers i'm receiving are certainly tempted. Sadly it's a really good car and I don't really want to sell. :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
y9u8u3yb.jpg

New EZ Detail brush, 1l IronX and a Scholl spot pad for the brief AF Tripple detail over the weekend. Came to a couple of quid over £40, but rounded down by Phil from Shinearama. Ta!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Using it as a mitt appeals to my lazy side. Plus its graded as fine so suits my needs.

Have only seen the artdeshine cloth so far and wasn't keen on the idea of folding a cloth over to use on paint. Just being picky I guess. Others seem to be unknown manufacturers, probably all from the same place, but didn't want to risk the marring.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm very tempted by the ADS clay cloth tbh. Not fussed much about marring as I always machine a car afterwards. Although lots of reviews saying it doesn't really marr paint

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty much, don't do anything to the focus. The Megane is rotting away the only other cars I do are work mates who "want their car looking as good as mine" so they all require machining

I should be spending my money else where but I do tend to get a bit obsessive about new hobbies/interests :eek:

Bilt Hamber - Auto Clay Regular (200g)
Meguiars - Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe
DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher
Chemical Guys - Orange 5.5" Hex-Logic Pad
Chemical Guys - Black 5.5" Hex-Logic Pad
CarPro Eraser - Intense Oil and Polish Cleanser
SCHOLL Concepts S3
SCHOLL Concepts S30+

Probably some other bits I've missed off ?

I did get £15 off the DAS-6 pro via the group buy on detailing world but still expensive week ! :eek:

Pad choice OK to go with the S3 and S30+ ? I guessed TBH :eek:

Not a 320d
Thats the shizzle.

Here it is beading through 1500 miles and 3 weeks of shite.

Believe me when i say the car is caked in s**t - its been sat in a basement car park with building work going on so its covered in concrete dust, there is a thin layer of concrete on the roof.

WP_000185_zps0433e89f.jpg

It is rough to the touch however..... if that bothers you. And C2V3 looks a little better IMO.

Its great for cars which arent looked after too. Did my dads which was last done 2 years ago with wolfs body wrap. No beading, contaminated to s**t. Sprayed down with that and beads just like that.

Durability is great too.