ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Megane R26
Re: What have you ordered?

You're lucky being so close!

Can't wait to get Revive and try Glide out :)

I have Spirit on my bonnet and Soul and Passion still to try, very impressed so far!

Golf GT & A4 Avant

Only 15-20mins drive is quite handy. saw them finishing off a brand new merc today.

I've tried a few combo's so far. Tripple with Passion, tripple with Spirit, Rejuvenate with tough coat and tripple with tough coat and all have left an impressive finish. am still to try lather, glisten and gloss. crystal and citrus power are very nice and simple to use. James has asked for a review on DW of the revive so will try and do it this weekend

Megane R26

Lather and Gloss are superb!

Glisten seems to be a bit trickier to use, but I'm sure it's great once mastered.

It's nice having something new to use, that's actually well priced and performs well. You can tell he's been getting these right for a long time.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

Will try them all tomorrow weather permitting. Also got there clay as I was running low, seems to be of good quality also.

Glisten seems to feel a little oily so guess less is better and spread it about?

Megane R26

Yeah exactly, very oily indeed!

I may give the clay a try. I get through a lot of it though, so it needs to be a few quid cheaper to make me switch from Bilt Hamber...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The thing is the bh stuff is immense and cheap so you're not losing quality. I have a bar of Zaino to try. Looking forward to comparing to the bh stuff.

Really looking forward to af revive. Need a new trim product.

GTD, Lupo

Couldn't sleep so decided to buy some new goodies.

WERKSTAT Acrylic Kit
This kit comprises...

1 x Werkstat Prime Acrylic (500 ml)
1 x Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger (500 ml)
1 x Werkstat Acrylic Glos (500 ml)
1 x Meguiar's Microfibre Applicator Pad
1 x Poorboy's Super Thick & Plush Towel
2 x Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towels

PB LUXURY DRYING TOWEL and some applicator pads. Plus I get some free MF cloths as well.

Hopefully will get some good results on silver paint.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Decided to move on from the DA by picking up a Silverstorm rotary - I know there's better machines out there but I'll only be using it once or twice a year tops, so it'll do what I need it to.

Think I'll be getting the Werkstat kit soon once I need to replenish some of my stock.

5l of i4d snowfoam
500ml of IronX in spray trigger form (not the eco bag form)
3 pack of i4d microfibres (seeing as my stepdad likes getting mine covered in sawdust)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Couldn't sleep so decided to buy some new goodies.

WERKSTAT Acrylic Kit
This kit comprises...

1 x Werkstat Prime Acrylic (500 ml)
1 x Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger (500 ml)
1 x Werkstat Acrylic Glos (500 ml)
1 x Meguiar's Microfibre Applicator Pad
1 x Poorboy's Super Thick & Plush Towel
2 x Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towels

PB LUXURY DRYING TOWEL and some applicator pads. Plus I get some free MF cloths as well.

Hopefully will get some good results on silver paint.

You won't be disappointed. Awesome stuff on silver cars!

just treated myself to the Autobrite group buy on bubblegum & coconut air fresheners and 500ml of Autobrite supa snow foam :D waiting for some nice weather to try them out now... also tempted with the cyc lightweight rotary and selling my das-6

Megane R26

6104259662_70f22e2173_z.jpg

Untitled by RussZS, on Flickr

Megane R26

Correct DAS6 Pro

I knew I should have kept my DA lol

Festool Rotary is next

Not a 320d

Really want to try P1 system & The MF system. Trouble is I dont machine enough cars to warrant buying new polish as ive already got shitloads.

On the cards;

Rain Racer (Need)
Werkshat Prime Strong (Want for Windows)
G101 (Sort OF Need)
Swissvax Wheel Brush (f**k you Kev)

Used Supagard Wheel Sealant Spray the other day, I hate to say it, but its actually pretty good. All you do is spray the alloy wheel and then wipe it with a MF cloth. The stuff surviced 3 washes using Espuma (Strong mix) and finally Smart Wheels yesterday.

Also my wax hazing seems to be almost gone with the 3rd wash after applying Glasur and not removing it correctly. So I rekon another coat is in order, this time with 15 towels on tap.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

just placed an order from autobrite - (all of this is autobrites own products)

To Seal & Protect Synthetic Paint Sealant - 500ml
Very cherry acid free wheel cleaner - 500ml
Citrus Wash Multi Purpose Cleaner - 500ML
Banana Gloss Shampoo - 500ml
Berry Blast Quick Detailer And Clay Bar Lubricant -
Vinyl Trim Bubblegum Protectant - 500ML
Tyre Sheen - Satin Look Tyre Dressing - 500ml

looking at getting all matching products :eek: so im nearly there now!

BMW E46 330i Touring

Lol! All at once? Gotta say, they are easily the sexiest packaged products on the market.

Megane R26

3 orders over a couple of weeks

Spirit is awesome!!

Agree on the packaging, they are making Swissvax looks silly IMO

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

+1 for the packaging, however they just dont seem that great value for money. seeing as though your paying say what another company would charce £10 for 500ml of product, they are only giving you 250ml of product.

would like to try spirit though, How you finding it russ?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Theres that 3for2 on britemax on i4d at the moment.. I just caught myself about to spend over £50 on spray and shine, then I realised how daft that sounds

Megane R26

+1 for the packaging, however they just dont seem that great value for money. seeing as though your paying say what another company would charce £10 for 500ml of product, they are only giving you 250ml of product.

would like to try spirit though, How you finding it russ?

You mean Autobrite? ;)

I've tested a LOT of products, and for me, these are a cut above the rest, with the exception of Gloss (tyre dressing) which leaves a great finish, but is GONE after a rain downpour, which is a shame!

You get what you pay for IMO... I'd rather use the best of everything, than something which is 'competent'

BMW E46 330i Touring

Cracked out the rotary for the first time today. Had to cut it short unfortunately as the bloody thing stopped working, but initial impressions is that it's really comfortable and easy to use. Much more natural than a DA and, whilst it was only a quick go which left some swirls behind (and probably inflicted a few holograms by trying to rush), I like the feel much more than a DA.

It can run away from you on small fiddly areas though!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

You mean Autobrite? ;)

I've tested a LOT of products, and for me, these are a cut above the rest, with the exception of Gloss (tyre dressing) which leaves a great finish, but is GONE after a rain downpour, which is a shame!

You get what you pay for IMO... I'd rather use the best of everything, than something which is 'competent'

Autobrite, Autoglym, Meguires, Chemical guys etc.

infact other than the gtecnique im struggling to think of a manufacturer that supplies there products for such a high price for a small amount.

i am in no way slating Auto finesse as i have said before i want to try their products. but i feel i cannot justify the prices when i have no income from detailing. i simply 'clean' my own car, and every now and then do my mums.

Who knows, one day i might bite the bullet and try their products!

Golf GT & A4 Avant

I've the same collection of AF products to Russ bar mint rims and TBH everyone has impressed me equal or more than there rivals that I've tried. Tripple is a must have IMO. Spirit has been on 3weeks and is glorious although a little pricey, most I've paid for a wax. Lather blows BTBM out the water although I'm in a very hard water area which may have an affect. I could go on with all of them

recently i have brought
dodo juice hard candy
af tough coat
lather
revive
tripple
rejuvenate
soul
and citrus power

and i blame it all on u guys on here

Megane R26

I'm contemplating some GTechniq C1, C5 and G1 for Winter, but want to test Spirit, Mint Rims and the AF Glass Sealant (out soon!) out...

I'm keen to get C1 mastered so that I can do some good deals on new car protection :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mines will be wearing C1 in by the end of October. Really looking forward to getting it on the car.

Looking after winter to keep it topped up with Werkstat Jett. I'm getting lazy! :eek: It's so easy!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like it at all. I find the Jett so much nicer. T

opping C1 is usually frowned upon anyway... Care?

You're only protecting the C1. No harm done. :D

Mines will be wearing C1 in by the end of October. Really looking forward to getting it on the car.

Looking after winter to keep it topped up with Werkstat Jett. I'm getting lazy! :eek: It's so easy!

Lol. Rewind a few months; "I can't stand semi permanent sealants!!".