ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it did mate but I maybe said something out of turn somewhere. Questioning the whole duplicate products etc a while back iirc.

M2 Comp
5l G101
5l Tardis
Swissvax Wheel Brush
Z2
ZFX
Z18 Clay Bar
Gtechniq G1
Gtechniq G4
2 x CYC Wash Bucket Set
+ a few more spray bottles, applicators, microfibres, etc.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Think a lot of people were possibly thinking it, but most of us not have enough experience or knowledge to to take it any further than that

JD I think we might be getting to the bottom of my DW issues. I'm not banned but I think they messed with my user so I must have pissed someone off. Oh dear.

I did wonder, but didn't want to say it and make you start wondering...!

Maybe that Kelly thing?

It came :) - next to my Das6:

3262_10151073204563250_987006955_n.jpg

Lovely!!

Didn't the log in issues start before the waxstock thread? Plus you weren't the only one to deface DW.

On a better note, car detailing is no longer a sub forum

Noted, got confused when I logged in on Tapatalk!

Yeah it did mate but I maybe said something out of turn somewhere. Questioning the whole duplicate products etc a while back iirc.

5l G101
5l Tardis
Swissvax Wheel Brush
Z2
ZFX
Z18 Clay Bar
Gtechniq G1
Gtechniq G4
2 x CYC Wash Bucket Set
+ a few more spray bottles, applicators, microfibres, etc.

Nice order lad!

Think a lot of people were possibly thinking it, but most of us not have enough experience or knowledge to to take it any further than that

I expect there were a lot of experienced lads thinking the same but not having the balls to post it!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Its not often i go on DW anymore (only to check if Shinearama have any deals on etc) its far to bitchy / lets all praise one or two people for being gods, and less about genuinely helping people. You have to don your flame suit in most threads over there!

On the other hand im going to place an order for the following ready for winter:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/cquartz-ceramic-paint-protection-kit/prod_725.html

Or is it worth buying this instead:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/cquartz-uk-edition-paint-sealant/prod_1091.html

Am i right in thinking i can apply one product to the wheels and the bodywork? Will the 30ml bottle be enough for 1 x clio and 4 x Dynamique alloys?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm sure kev was saying they were bringing out a new one, unless the second one you linked is it

With DW, I sometimes feel that people are too unsure of themselves to speak out against the norm

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Matt the Uk version is now much easier to use. As you can see from their DW thread. :) Very good products and proper ceramic sealants. Uk one will be easy to use mate.

30ml will do 4 wheels easily. Also to note cquartz will work on all the surfaces except glass. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Dave that's the new one. Finest is the pro only one with some mental chemicals in it!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Matt the Uk version is now much easier to use. As you can see from their DW thread. :) Very good products and proper ceramic sealants. Uk one will be easy to use mate.

30ml will do 4 wheels easily. Also to note cquartz will work on all the surfaces except glass. :)

Cheers gally, so il need to order two Uk versions to be able to do all alloys and the car then?

Also, Has anyone used:

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/raceg...l.php?osCsid=d2762b316be39a6e90d44e9ae497c93d

It looks very simple to use and would probably be much easier for me with the lack of axle stands etc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would possibly speak to Gordon at Defined Details mate. PM him on DW maybe. Caledonia is his name or the car pro section. He's the Car Pro rep aswell as Avi.

If you order 2 kits you'll get 2 reloads etc. Nit much use. He might be able to help. I'll fire him a text for you mate. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Original C1 replacement?

It's very good Dave and personally it's the only one i'd use now. I have managed to acquire a bottle of old C1 if I wish to do the TT. Nice gesture I must say can't be much of it left now but personally with Cquartz there I don't feel quite as down-heartened.

Not a 320d
The water behavior isn't the same now. And I dont think much to C1.5 either. Not a bad product just not that great.

Looks like im up for more ceramic protection on a z4 soon so I might have a go with that gayquartz. Can top it off with Reload every few months I guess.

ITB BG 182
Well after JD's recommendations on the Cquartz (non UK addition) I can highly recommend it!

It was easy to apply and straight forward, Ive put two coats of it on and just wow, the paint seems so much glossier and ahell of alot smoother.

Went for some B road playing and when I got back the car was covered in bug bits, jetwashed and it was gleaming again.

I can not wait to apply it to the rest of my car and wheels...

Cheers to JD.

Whats best for glass and plastics?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I would possibly speak to Gordon at Defined Details mate. PM him on DW maybe. Caledonia is his name or the car pro section. He's the Car Pro rep aswell as Avi.

If you order 2 kits you'll get 2 reloads etc. Nit much use. He might be able to help. I'll fire him a text for you mate. :)

Cheers Gally,

Ill send him a PM today on my dinner.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Caledonia! That's his username, been looking for him on DW for ages. I had some rotary tuition from him a few weeks back, was great. Imglnna pester him for some boa cloths

I think the new nanolex washcoat is the thing to get this winter!

Avi is better to deal with in my experience, Reload is awesome on the side windows!

Well after JD's recommendations on the Cquartz (non UK addition) I can highly recommend it!

It was easy to apply and straight forward, Ive put two coats of it on and just wow, the paint seems so much glossier and ahell of alot smoother.

Went for some B road playing and when I got back the car was covered in bug bits, jetwashed and it was gleaming again.

I can not wait to apply it to the rest of my car and wheels...

Cheers to JD.

Whats best for glass and plastics?

More than welcome. Forgot to reply to your last one but more than a pleasure to have a pint and a chat.

Glass, gtechniq g1 or g5 - former for 2yrs longevity but beads at 50+ and latter for 6months but beads at 20+.

Gtechniq c4 for the plastics. Same prep for both (cleaned, ipa'd).

Last edited:
Apologies, labels would help! Yes MpH.

If it helps, I have applied G1 and don't like the lack of beading at low speeds as I only do town driving. Have since bought G5 and will be applying that next weekend.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
G1, apply and forget. depending on the angle of dangle of the windscreen it will start to beada little sooner, provided nothing is in front, the Golf starts at just over 40mph, the Focus just under 40mph

As JD says all depends on what type of driving you do. when I'm driving in town, i'm crawling in traffic so G5 won't work all that well

Last edited:
Oh, and;

y3e6eqez.jpg

AF Citrus power 1l
AF Mercury
3x Meg's applicators (whoops, doubled up from CYC order!)
C4 and extra applicators
PB ultra drying towel

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I think g5 is for me tbh, i dont mind re-applying every season tbh

Where is best to get a single bottle? I hate laying massive postage fees and polished bliss don't sell any gtechniq

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I have a used bottle, can't remember how full but sure 50% or more. was saving it if I needed any to do other cars I've tended to use C2 as it will last a little time with limited wiper use.

will check levels as may let it go for a few pennys.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I have a used bottle, can't remember how full but sure 50% or more. was saving it if I needed any to do other cars I've tended to use C2 as it will last a little time with limited wiper use.

will check levels as may let it go for a few pennys.

Sound! Got any g4 too?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Cheers dude. I've got some autobrite repel, think I'll save that for side windows

Let me know I there is anything your after, I may have it

Golf GT & A4 Avant
next order was going to be for drying towels and ironx. other than that I've been trying to sell bits off. Had no interest in the Z concours wax, and even considering getting rid of my full size jar of glasur. I like it, just not as much as I had hoped.

Order Inventory: Product: Prima Amigo Polymer Glaze
Options:
Quantity: 1
Product Code: PRI-AMIGO-16
Price: £14.95
Product: Chemical Guys - Blue 5.5" Hex-Logic Pad
Options:
Product Code: CGHex6
Price: £8.95
Product: Chemical Guys - White 5.5" Hex-Logic Pad
Options:
Product Code: CGHex4
Product: Chemical Guys - Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel
Options:
Product Code: CG-WM
Price: £16.95
Product: Sonus Sheepskin Wash Mitt
Options:
Product Code: VK-103
Price: £12.95
Product: DAS-6 Dual Action Polisher
Options:
Product Code: DAS-6
Price: £84.95
Product: 3M 3434 Masking Tape
Options: Width - 25mm
Product Code: 3M3434
Price: £2.80
Product: Menzerna Super Finish (PO 106 FA)
Options:
Product Code: FIN828

All I need for my weaponry now is a multi pack of eurow microfibres, a snow foam lance and some snow foam!

JD, you going back up't north just to blitz the car? all these orders you won't have time to do anything else

A second UK wedding reception (last one was in LA in July) and a dentist appointment. Heading up Thursday night and back on Sunday so loads of time. I also appear to be able to work on the car for 24 hour periods of time as shown by the 2 days straight I spent on the Clio when I first took delivery of my PC!!!

Farrrrrk, JD, I'm jealous of your recent hauls tbh, even though I've got most of it!

Deliveries ftw.

Indeed mate, it's that Christmas feeling!

My PArcel??? :(

Said thank you a few posts back! :) Not sure what the sweets are, but thanks! Feel like Gummy Bears??!!

next order was going to be for drying towels and ironx. other than that I've been trying to sell bits off. Had no interest in the Z concours wax, and even considering getting rid of my full size jar of glasur. I like it, just not as much as I had hoped.

I'd take the Glasur Dave.

I'd get a green pad as well mate. Other than that looks a cracking purchase!

What would the green pad be for?

It's a heavier cutting pad, although pad difference is negligible I find.

Oh, and your usernames are FAR too similar!!