ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I used alcohol prep wipes on the pipe before. Im more leaning towards I had driven the car not long after and the heat generated cured it way to fast , crystallising It

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I had crystalising first time I used C4 from over application and leaving too long before buffing. they do recommend it's left to cure for some time at a stable temperature and climate so this may well contribute

Well I was going to say CYC had redeemed themselves with their postage.
However, they failed to put a number on my address label. So it hasn't been delivered. Hmph.
(And I payed via Paypal over my existing cyc account so know it would've had one on)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
can never win with CYC in recent orders.

but then don't most deliveries ask for a contact number???? why a quick 2minute phone call couldn't ask if you've made an order, if so who from, yes it is this persons package, please confirm delivery address. happy customer, no additional duties or delivery for the company.

Great, just put in an order with them... To be fair, I've never really had an issue with them.

Let's hope it gets here in two weeks.

lol!
I'm not sure tbh, very true.
I just rang them up to find out, that was when they told me the parcel had no number on. So told them and they were trying to contact the driver or something, so with any luck it may still be delivered afterall. Not holding my breath!

1.8 Civic EX
Not bad for just under £9 for the Gliptone and brush. They chucked in a free microfiber too which we nice. From http://www.performancemotorcare.com. I've never used them before but was nice and easy and speedy delivery.

e691f40c66091cb3247273f23ceef9ae.jpg

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, I love the look of the Rupes since I saw the destructive testing at Shinearama :)

I'm trying to scale back on detialing spends to make way for my new MX-5-Moneypit project :|

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I've heard it's got the same components as a rupes

I've tried a festool shinex, silverline, and the 3m

Although the 3m is the noisiest it was my favourite to use!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Im not sure if its the same as the 3m one? I just liked the look of it, lol. Not tried it out yet. Still enjoy using the Chicago rotary

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Picked up some 3M glass cleaner in Tescos, how have I not used it before!

Hate cleaning glass and this stuff makes it so easy and streak free.

TTRS & V50
Personally I would have got black or a darker colour rather than RB where you can barely see the difference, IMO. Fair play to you for getting a test panel however.

Yea that's true, but this one is pretty mashed up and you can see swirls pretty easy in the sun, and obviously I've got an RB, so the techniques I find that work should be transferable to my car's paintwork, give or take. That was the theory anyway
Plus I can mess about without worrying.

A good idea and worth trying everything on it, from swirl and RDS removal to stone chip and scratch repair, wet sanding, painting etc. Well worth it.

And don't stop at correction - think about IPA wipe downs, LSP trials (wax1 vs wax2), which glaze works best etc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh and if you get a chance, get a painter to put another coat of lacquer over it at some point, more clearcoat to play with. :)

Monaco 172
Im kinda new to all this but just ordered some I4D Lime clay and some Dodo Juice Purple Haze Wax.Only the basics but im working my way up to buying a DA.

A good idea and worth trying everything on it, from swirl and RDS removal to stone chip and scratch repair, wet sanding, painting etc. Well worth it.

And don't stop at correction - think about IPA wipe downs, LSP trials (wax1 vs wax2), which glaze works best etc.

Exactly. Main reason for buying it, I can mess about to my hearts content testing all manor of things without worrying about anything, and its a big easy flat surface to work on!

Friday, So might not of gone through yet due to the weekend?? Should be there tomorrow if not then.

Sound as a pound. My receptionist is away today, so have asked the others to keep an eye out.

Im kinda new to all this but just ordered some I4D Lime clay and some Dodo Juice Purple Haze Wax.Only the basics but im working my way up to buying a DA.

Nice order :)

Exactly. Main reason for buying it, I can mess about to my hearts content testing all manor of things without worrying about anything, and its a big easy flat surface to work on!

I did the same years ago. Scratch with a squeegy and went mad with the PC7424 and then the various other machines I bought and sold. Realised that having a wing/awkward angles test panel was also useful, so bought a few wings.

I need to stop ordering stuff.

3ura9e2y.jpg

3000 grit
Backing block
Prima Amigo
00 grade wire wool
2x Meg's applicators

M2 Comp
Nice order JD :)

Used the wire wool along with some Autosol polish on my exhaust last week and got very good results!

Yeah I used all of mine up doing dads car a few months ago. That along with most of my flipping AF Mercury so have had to buy some more!

Bumder With A Buffer
My new love is those Megs applicators. They feel so nice :eek:

Mucho better then the standard cheap ones and seem easier to clean too?? Thats a point wear the hell is my sanding backing plate, I was after that the other day

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
JD I think we might be getting to the bottom of my DW issues. I'm not banned but I think they messed with my user so I must have pissed someone off. Oh dear.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
JD I think we might be getting to the bottom of my DW issues. I'm not banned but I think they messed with my user so I must have pissed someone off. Oh dear.

Didn't the log in issues start before the waxstock thread? Plus you weren't the only one to deface DW.

On a better note, car detailing is no longer a sub forum