ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Drink on the mind, Dave?!

You've lost me there? forthcoming bike purchase this weekend and not yet got a full bike licence means I can strip it down and give it a full prep.

What made you buy iron out Dave?

Just to add to the collection?

I'd run out of IronX, didn't want to order from CYC and polished bliss don't stock anything other than iron out or de ironisor so thought I'd give it a go. ended up ordering direct from AF as delivery has been pretty good recently and £2 difference between AF and PB. Nothing wrong with IronX just curious really.

Decided not to bother with the body wrap unless I find another 2nd hand bottle so going to use tripple and toughcoat on the bike as it's silver

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I could have had some for sale! ;) Tbf IronX is the dogs balls in it's department.

Need more Finale yet?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm down to less than 1/4 of a bottle so left me know if any bits are not to your liking.

Have you tried the iron out yet? Nothing else I've tried has matched the original spray ironx so interested to see if there is an alternative, especially as the 5l bottle is well priced

Clio 182, Astra Sri
The 'small' order from James and team at Auto Finesse.

u8agaqy9.jpg

Top service as usual.

Have they changed the bottle for revive? Looks smaller

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm down to less than 1/4 of a bottle so left me know if any bits are not to your liking.

Have you tried the iron out yet? Nothing else I've tried has matched the original spray ironx so interested to see if there is an alternative, especially as the 5l bottle is well priced

I'll have a few things for sale soon mate, vics Red and a few other bits. I'll keep you updated. :)

Iron out i'll let you know. IX is kinda hard to beat. De-ironizer just takes way too long imo. Cleaning power of IX is unrivalled so far.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Just got another 1 litre of Auto Glym srp as i finished off my current 1 litre bottle today. Looking forward to trying out the new and improved stuff, comes with a AG sponge, and AG cloth to!

182 Trophy
Trying some of primal shampoo and interior plastic shine/cleaner. Just ordered from cleanyourcar as usual.

Not a 320d
Check Gtech section out.

I expressed an opinion saying simply "I thought it was a load of s**t TBH" about 1.5 and didnt back up my comment. That was a while ago, I was very disappointed with C1.5 at first, but after about 2 weeks decided that actually it wasnt bad.

I received 3 responses, two were fine, one reads;

Is he talking about C1.5 or of Clio's in general?

I literally have no idea why he had to bring a Clio into it other than what my username reads. Even so, I dont see why he had to bring the Clio into it, or how a Clio even related to C1.5.

Anyways I had a go at that guy for the Clio comment, retracted my original statement and said C1.5 was actually not that bad atall and some c**t comes along and starts having a go at me.

f**king set of c**ts. Im not responding anymore or Ill get banned. Used to be a decent forum, just get the impression its full of up tight know it all c**ts now. What the hell?

Check Gtech section out.

I expressed an opinion saying simply "I thought it was a load of s**t TBH" about 1.5 and didnt back up my comment. That was a while ago, I was very disappointed with C1.5 at first, but after about 2 weeks decided that actually it wasnt bad.

I received 3 responses, two were fine, one reads;

I literally have no idea why he had to bring a Clio into it other than what my username reads. Even so, I dont see why he had to bring the Clio into it, or how a Clio even related to C1.5.

Anyways I had a go at that guy for the Clio comment, retracted my original statement and said C1.5 was actually not that bad atall and some c**t comes along and starts having a go at me.

f**king set of c**ts. Im not responding anymore or Ill get banned. Used to be a decent forum, just get the impression its full of up tight know it all c**ts now. What the hell?

Idiot. Replied.

Not a 320d
Im literally creasing myself

JD - Arent you from a fairly affluent background? I thought ive seen photos of R8's kicking about on your driveway.

Last edited:
  Not a 320d
All JD's responses have been removed now. They were proper LOLAGE. Kept having a go at JD about his car being a decade year old shed, asked him if he needed money towards its next MOT. Accused me of being a homosexual more than once, made remarks about JD's mother.

That ladies and gentledetailers, is what DW is all about now.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
likewise, wanted to post but missed it. I personally didn't think it was all that great on bare paint, maybe it's better over C1. preferred C2 myself but don't tell anyone.

But then what do I know, I sold my girly car for a fat mans Golf, a slow one at that and now bought a motorbike. He'd have a field day with me.

ITB BG 182
I dont bother with DW anymore, I was banned for 3 months because I called some one a poppy c**k.

I get information that works for me from Gally, Russ, JD and Yellow Dave.

Cheers DW but STFU!

Not a 320d
Ive not used C2 but I get the impression C2's water behavior is superior.

Honestly for a tenner C1.5 is good for a low maintenance product, i got 3 cars out of it with 2 layers each. Over clean paint I think it might be a bit better but would definitely need topping up every month from the results ive seen. Think theres a few false claims going on with detailing products!

Ive got a new Z4 to do on friday. going to give it a quick polish and lay down C1 to begin with. then next time I come to washing it Ill add 1.5 over it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not banned, they just ruined my logging in for some reason.

They call it "miserable user" I'm not sure what the point of it is, if i'm that bad, ban me ffs!

I have been on for the Kleers giveaway and the Waxathon most weeks, but I can't be bothered with posting much on there.

Every thread has Tips et al fishing for 'thanks', and Cueball getting them because he's such a cool dude!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I gotta admit, I get involved in A fair few threads like tips, but the difference is I'm genuinely interested, whereas tips seems to be bumping his post count up with random posts

I once brought him up on it, because when he offered advice, someone said it was really helpful and his reply was "If I helped you can always click the thanks button below my post. ;)"

He soon edited his post when I asked if he was genuinely asking for 'thanks'!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I once brought him up on it, because when he offered advice, someone said it was really helpful and his reply was "If I helped you can always click the thanks button below my post. ;)"

He soon edited his post when I asked if he was genuinely asking for 'thanks'!

He is pretty sound though, always happy to send you samples of stuff in the post, even sent me a dooka type washpad and a DVD once lol

Clio 182, Astra Sri
It was a film he reccomended in a thread once that I couldn't find to download, so he made a copy haha

Yea that's true, it's annoying when no thanks are given though!

ITB BG 182
Yea that's true, it's annoying when no thanks are given though!

I hate my job but when some one says thanks or praises me a tiny bit for what ever I have done, it goes a bloody long way to making some one feel more happy.

Like with JD and Gally recently, mainly JD. Lots of help with the CQuartz stuff, prep and what else to buy, I think you'll find in this thread some where that Ive thanked both of them.

Since when does it cost to say Thank you to some one who has given you a little bit of their time and knowledge?

Not a 320d
LMAO! Ive really got him going now

Troll.jpg

FYI my gearbox (TL4) has already been replaced once and is again f**ked.

How should I respond?

Another guy has PM'd me saying;

s.bailey has knee jerk reactions to posts. He did it with me because I put to many '!!!!'.
Without knowing him directly, I concur with your idea that he is a PRICK.

LOLLER. This is good stuff.

I literally have no idea how he thinks ive not come to the conclusion ive not hit puberty, im 23 ffs.

Last edited: