ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What induction kit?

clio 182, both cup packs.
Hiya, pretty new to this sort of interweb thing, and pretty new to clios as well! Just bought a clio 182 and i'm well impressed! I'm after an induction kit now though and am wondering if there is a particular kit or manufacturer that will give the greatest results. Don't really wanna spend more than £200 though! Any suggestions for me please?! Thanks

phase 1 172
your best bet is to search on here theres loads of these threads

but eventually you find your best options are

phase 1 172 box with IMG filter
maxogen induction kit
replacement filter

I've considered the K&N Gen 2 kit, and the Pipercross Viper - both look good but just waiting to hear any good reports.

phase 1 172
viper isnt very good in my opinion and some others i`ve heard

i like the look of the k&n and i`d expect it would sound very nice but you will have to consider the filter getting dirty as the pipe travels towards the bottom of the engine around by the wheel arch where there will be alot of splatter in the typical british weather

b/g 182, meg tourer
had a k&n a while back, didnt notice any gain just a lot louder. ran a cold air feed from the fog light.
now i am running an itg pannel filter in the standard air box. its just as good as any really and cheaper by far! running the cold air feed from the fog light into the air box soon. should be good when its done :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Thats where the oem cold air feed goes anyway . Its no big deal cleaning a k+n air filter . You can buy the cleaning kits and oil to re-oil it . Or just wash it with autuglym engine and machine cleaner , let it dry and then re-oil using k+n oil . Job done

Golf R soon...
ITG Maxogen if you can afford it.

I managed to pick up a cheap BMC CDA, I would recommend one of these, awesome noise it produces! Sounds like an Impreza :rasp:

Pipercross do good ones as well!

Yeah, i reckon! I think i'm gonna steer towards a straight replacement itg panel filter. Got many engine goodies in your 182?

phase 1 172
give me a shout if you dont find anything i have a carbon sealed induction kit similar to the BMC for sale

pm me if your interested

Iv got a pipercross.. and it sounds lovely.. all slurpy and gives the engine a deeper note..
topped of with a powerflow backbox.. sounds peachy pie!

Mk2 172
Ive just ordered a bmc cda for my 182. there are only 20 coming to the uk in this batch and when i ordered a week ago there were only 2 available. every company ive tried havent got them in stock and have been waiting for them for six weeks or more. you may struggle to get one if thats the one you go for!!!

Ly meg R26
ive got a viper on my 182, its ok, havent really noticed that much difference tbh but it looks good though, i would do your home work 1st

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
im in the same position as him, im lookin for a bmc cda and conect it to the fog light, good or bad idea? need regular cleaning? its winter soon so is that bad?

Ly meg R26
dont need to be cleaned that much in my experience, winter in good coz of the cold air (as long as it can get to your idk) and ive heard good things about most kits tbh but also heard bad things too lol, theres thoses of threads on which is best

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
i had a pipercross viper in my 172 cup and i thought it was rubbish, i just went to prospeed in cardiff and had a custom induction kit made, cost me £270 but it looks sweet in the engine bay with the blue samco hoses, charlie at prospeed is the dogs bol***ks......

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
i been researching on this forum for ages and still no conclusion lol. im getting a exhaust so i guess the noise isnt a problem i should just save money and buy a itg panel fitler for my ph1 box?

I get the impression from the response an induction kit will make subtle difference - if any - and so am favouring just a better quality replacement panel filter, and spend what i save on exhaust/sports cat/chip etc. Whats the chat about running a cold feed to the standard airbox, can this be done?

A4 oil burner !!!
I went from the oe airbox to an open piperx cone in my cup when i first bought it, awesome nosie buts thats it, and gets a little chavvy after a while. Then had piperx viper with CAF down in grille, again not bad but not worth the dosh imo.
After some more mods i reverted back to oe airbox with ITG panel filter and a 75mm CAF going from side exit down to where the acoustic valve should be ;)
Pretty happy with set up thus far. Maybe not quite as responsive on the throttle as it was but that could be due to other mods etc

Thanks mark. So is there already a 75mm CAF outlet on the oe airbox? Sorry if I sound dumb, only had the car two weeks, haven't had time to have a good look round!

A4 oil burner !!!
The oe caf that comes out the oe air box is pretty poo so just replace that with a section of 75mm good quality caf it should squeeze in the oe hole nicley. The acoustic valve doesnt do much think its there as an EU stipulation for noise reduction. Down by the passenger wheel arch, just needs unscrewing and the pipe needs blanking over. There is some pics on here some where if you search it.