ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What influenced/helped you pick the colour of your car?

Clio 197
Basically I still don't have a Clio because I am waiting on the sale of my 206 but looking around at different ones for sale I cannot decide which colour I am going to focus on!?

I really like orange, silver and some black ones but what influenced your decision?

James

Red is one of the best colours available for the 200, there was one in stock at the dealers, I bought it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The biggest influence for me was the price, next one was it wasn't the other side of the country.

I couldnt care what colour it is, there isnt a bad one imo

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
The biggest influence for me was the price, next one was it wasn't the other side of the country.

I couldnt care what colour it is, there isnt a bad one imo

This, i got mine because it was cheap

When I ordered the 200, it was purely because the 182's look like pure sex in RB.

For my old 172, I wasnt bothered too much about colour, it was more about condition, mileage, service history etc. I would have liked a Sunflower ph1, but the one that I went to see was an absolute shitter :(

Slow red one
Because LY is unique and stands out from the rest and noooooone around where I live so makes it even more awesome for me. Just waiting for it to shine in the summer:)

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I thought the colour looked smart and different to most of the rest available at the time. Simple

Personally im really not a fan of racing blue i think it looks a bit girly (im probably the only person on the forum that thinks so lol) I bought an arctic one because it ticked all the boxes for me - mileage, price, condition but unfortunately not distance! For me, liquid yellow is nice but a bit too in your face, orange is an acquired taste, silver is silver (looks good on all cars), black is nice and subtle, petrol blue is rare as f**k but i think that's it's main appeal and the inferno red is a nice shade of red. If your going for a 200 I saw a realllllllllllllllly nice dull grey colour one with a black roof in a renault dealer today with reddish quilted type leather recaros. It was utter sex and i struggled to walk away from it :(

Last edited:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
^^ I also thought RB was a little girly when I started Lookin for my 182 but I sorta like them now lol

^^ I also thought RB was a little girly when I started Lookin for my 182 but I sorta like them now lol

I don't know why I think it's coz it looks almost baby blue to me which on a car is girly imo, I think the ones with the go faster stripes look w**k aswell but funnily enough I dont think that a racing blue one looks right without them :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I cut it down to Black gold or arctic blue and blue won because marks are less seen on the paintwork plus the condition of the car was immense :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
If you're not fussy about colours, then base your choices on everything else, the first one you find that ticks all the boxes and is in a colour that you like. win.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I don't know why I think it's coz it looks almost baby blue to me which on a car is girly imo, I think the ones with the go faster stripes look w**k aswell but funnily enough I dont think that a racing blue one looks right without them :)

Ye the colour is almost baby blue but since Lookin into RS history with gordini racing colours I think they are quite fitting now but I don't think I could own one :S

And also a rele fit blonde girl was putting her face paints on in the rear view mirror in one when I was Lookin at them and from then I was like so many women want that colour car :S

I cut it down to Black gold or arctic blue and blue won because marks are less seen on the paintwork plus the condition of the car was immense :)

Lol all the other colour names make sense, but BLACK GOLD? I don't really get what is gold about it, if it had like a gold flip in the sun that would make more sense.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
I always said if I was gonna get one, I'd get LY and I'd still love one.

Always liked Inferno though and it's pretty rare around my way (only ever seen one other Inferno on the Wirral)

Fiesta ST-3
Always wanted a Cup. Silver are hard to come by and I'm not a massive fan. When the sun hits the blue its sexual.

I always said if I was gonna get one, I'd get LY and I'd still love one.

Always liked Inferno though and it's pretty rare around my way (only ever seen one other Inferno on the Wirral)

Yeah liquid yellow is nice i think, but imo it's just saying LOOK AT ME like all yellow cars, however i think this is possibly the best shade of yellow on a car i've ever seen. In terms of rareness, unfortunately i'd say that arctic blue (which i've got) is the most common colour, i've spotted about 10 other renault sports since owning mine and they were all arctic apart from one BG and one silver one :(

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Lol all the other colour names make sense, but BLACK GOLD? I don't really get what is gold about it, if it had like a gold flip in the sun that would make more sense.

I know ye lol Renault like there weird paint names but the arctic has weird sparkly bits in the paint when it's in sunlight so maybe the black has weird gold sparkles when the sun shines on it??? :S I dunno lol but I also like the new 200 in that weird lime green colour isn't it called alien green??

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yeah liquid yellow is nice i think, but imo it's just saying LOOK AT ME like all yellow cars, however i think this is possibly the best shade of yellow on a car i've ever seen. In terms of rareness, unfortunately i'd say that arctic blue (which i've got) is the most common colour, i've spotted about 10 other renault sports since owning mine and they were all arctic apart from one BG and one silver one :(

Round my area there's more silver and BG than arctics and actually there's even more infernos than arctic :O

Round my area there's more silver and BG than arctics and actually there's even more infernos than arctic :O

Wow! I've never seen a petrol blue or inferno 182 on road before so in my book there probably the rarest, closely followed by orange as i've only ever seen one and do quite alot of driving!

P.s - EPICCC sticker in your profile pic lol all of my friends at uni are religious about jap cars particularly hondas, im a euro larry lol

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Inferno is orange mate:rasp:

There's one PB near me that I'm aware of and it's the only one I've ever seen. Nice colour too. Love the VTEC THIS! sticker too Fastdanbar

There's one PB near me that I'm aware of and it's the only one I've ever seen. Nice colour too. Love the VTEC THIS! sticker too Fastdanbar

:eek: Epic fail and evidence of my renaultsport noob'ness :) Taken onboard. *Slaps self* I thought inferno red was the trophy colour lol.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Wow! I've never seen a petrol blue or inferno 182 on road before so in my book there probably the rarest, closely followed by orange as i've only ever seen one and do quite alot of driving!

P.s - EPICCC sticker in your profile pic lol all of my friends at uni are religious about jap cars particularly hondas, im a euro larry lol

I have never seen an orange on the roads in my case nearly bought one though lol infernos are spotted quite often round Chester area petrols are just uber rare lol but still spotted 1 haha (I know the orange was a 182 but wasn't sure if the infernos and petrol was 172s)

And ye the sticker was the 1st thing I put on my car :) when I was testing cars I tried the type R and cupra ibizas as well then told my m8s and they also bummed the type R but I didn't find it that special and tbh a little over priced for £s to fun ratio lol so I kept it quiet and bought the 182 put the sticker on and turned up with them goin on about it's only a Clio and what a waste of money it was then followed by that sticker is a load of crap and take it off :S then 1 jumped in and said ok in ur Clio what's it like goin wise? So I stepped on the load pedal and he just said nice sticker u have lmfao :)

Last edited:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Also caught in noobness is it flame red in the 172s as well then??
Also 2 capsicum red trophys near me lol
Orange still winnin the rareness contest by me haha

I have never seen an orange on the roads in my case nearly bought one though lol infernos are spotted quite often round Chester area petrols are just uber rare lol but still spotted 1 haha (I know the orange was a 182 but wasn't sure if the infernos and petrol was 172s)

And ye the sticker was the 1st thing I put on my car :) when I was testing cars I tried the type R and cupra ibizas as well then told my m8s and they also bummed the type R but I didn't find it that special and tbh a little over priced for £s to fun ratio lol so I kept it quite and bought the 182 put the sticker on and turned up with them goin on about it's only a Clio and what a waste of money it was then followed by that sticker is a load of crap and take it off :S then 1 jumped in and said ok in ur Clio what's it like goin wise? So I stepped on the load pedal and he just said nice sticker u have lmfao :)

Yea i looked at type r's when i was buying my 182ff, i probably would prefer a type r, but it was like £4500 for an early one with high mileage and i paid considerably less for my clio with lower than average miles and its a late 2004 :) Much better value imo

Abarth 500 Esseesse
I was just gonna say that mate yeah I think you both got Flamers and Infernos mixed up. I'll let you off though, seeing as flames/infernos = fire!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yea i looked at type r's when i was buying my 182ff, i probably would prefer a type r, but it was like £4500 for an early one with high mileage and i paid considerably less for my clio with lower than average miles and its a late 2004 :) Much better value imo

I can see the apeal of them but wouldn't pref one over the 182 these things are so easy to live with and more fun IMO :)
O ye eBay for the sticker if people wana buy them :)