ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What influenced/helped you pick the colour of your car?

320d
I've never chosen a car based on colour. My first car was a bargin so I just went for it (silver), my second car was a ph1 172 so its hard to find a good one therefore colour wasn't a priority (silver) third was just a run around so didn't car (green) and my mx5 was just about me liking the look and condition of the car (black)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Found nice looking example of a 172 Cup, Just happened to be a rare silver one so I had it.

182 Cup
My previous car was burnt to a crisp in a garage fire. I only had the choice of racing blue or inferno when I bought the 182 cup from the dealer, so I went for the ironic choice.

Golf gti ED30+182
i have a BG 182 and a Silver ph2 172 and i think the BG is a stunning colour but i dont think you can go wrong with any of the colours as the car looks good in all of the colours it came in

The next colour was going to be because they only came in red (Trophy) however I've now spotted a Petrol blue 182 and I must say I'm tempted by rareness of the colour!

21 Turbo
I'm terribly impatient and always buy the first car I view.....I really cant fathom anyone who looks at 15-20 examples of the same thing. The only car Ive had a colour preference for was the M3, it had to be Dakar Yellow, trouble is they were all in Scotland and I'll be fooked if Im going up there to see an old bone, so I bought the first one I saw 5mile from home which was silver lol

I have no real preference over Clio colour, silver is bottom of my list, only because Ive had a silver car.....I love the look of the Petrol Blue one but not a chance in hell I'd pay £1200 over the odds cos its a rare colour, it wont stop it being fragile and French!!

I too have been looking for an rs over the last few months. For me the best colour is the Mondial Blue, which is why I am hoping to get a Cup!

RB One Eight Two
When I ordered the 200, it was purely because the 182's look like pure sex in RB.

I absolutely <3 this sentence lol.

Always wanted a 182, and when I was looking a mate who had an RB 182 just so happened to offer it to me. I couldn't turn it down.

Lol all the other colour names make sense, but BLACK GOLD? I don't really get what is gold about it, if it had like a gold flip in the sun that would make more sense.

They do.

dsc001887uz.jpg

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT
When I was speccing my 182 I almost went for BG. Thing is all I had to go on were the colour charts in Renault and it just didn't look like it does in that photo. To me the name sounded better than it was. Almost went for RB next but again it did not look like it does on the cars plus it was a non metallic - which i wanted. I probably would have gone for LY but the eyewatering price put me off so ultimately I went for Arctic. I had always wanted a blue car anyway and while it may not be the most popular colour amongst CS'ers I think it comes up lovely in the sunshine after a clean and I have always liked it.
But none of them are bad colours - I just wish Tungsten Grey had been on the menu!

Disastra Coupe
The fact you don't see it often.

I didn't want black (swirly fun), i didn't want silver (common), dark blue (forgot the name!) was too similar to my Mauritius VTR and i didn't want a Cup. So that helped... Couldn't afford a decent 182.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Lol all the other colour names make sense, but BLACK GOLD? I don't really get what is gold about it, if it had like a gold flip in the sun that would make more sense.

I went for Black Gold because when they are clean they look stunning, if you keep them kleen in the sun you can see a gold tint in the paintwork, never really noticed it on mine till i gave it a really good clean they applied Dodo Jice purple haze wax to it.

clio 200 ly
The fact they only do LY at dieppe.....(makes me feel a bit special) and when i saw an r27 for the first time in it.....had to have that colour!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I part x my R5 with the
odyssey blue Clio I own now, regardless of colour I still would have done the deal with him as I've always been a fan of the 172 so it was a perfect opportunity.

However, I now own a white phase 1 Clio 172, not many done plus it came with the cage which is what I wanted, result

rs 200
I had only ever had black cars so I thought I better have a bit of a change and the albi blue looked pretty damn good to me.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
A french hot hatch should be a fun colour as its a fun car so im not really a fan of silvers, blacks etc on the Rs. All other colours are great tho.
If i was buying an old 172 tho i wouldnt worry about the colour too much. The condition of the car would be more important.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I've never purchased a car with the colour being the main reason. Always went for condition etc etc.

But if i was purchasing a new car and had the choice, I'd be going for white, although quite common at the moment. Easy to keep clean and hides stone ships etc well, always cleans up really nice! Looks fresh and is versitile when it comes to wheel colours etc

350z, Subaru Legacy
I never even thought about other colours. Racing Blue or nothing.

Haha, I think there's something wrong with me - I'm currently in the market for my 3rd Racing Blue 182. :clown:

I'd like to change, I really would... but I just don't think I can. (If anyone knows of any low miles FF RBs on the go, let me know :p)

I thought Black Gold had a gold undercoat as opposed to silver - giving it the name.