ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is Climate doing?

Iceberg 172
After about 15 mins of driving in this cold weather I hear a click behind the dash, the fan sounds noisier even though the speed on the display doesn't change!
Then the car smells a bit musty, the windows mist up and I don't feel so great! I end up opening the windows or dropping the thermostat down to try and get the original set up back. Yet I seem to have no other control of this! It's not like the recirculation light appears and I can turn it off again!

I want to address the stuffy air issue (new Pollen filter?) but what can I do about the change in set up? Is the car trying all it can to produce as much heat as spossible?

E46 M3
The smell is because you haven't used the ac enough, mine us the same at the mo. You can get bombs you put in the car then the climate on recirculate.

Listerine & Poledo
It starts fine though, what changes when something clicks?

Climate just kicked in (y0!).

My system doesn't fire up for a few seconds, then there's a clunk and the blower go to full power (well, if they're set to and need to, when screen clearing for instance).

3 Series xdrive
After about 15 mins of driving in this cold weather I hear a click behind the dash, the fan sounds noisier even though the speed on the display doesn't change!
Then the car smells a bit musty, the windows mist up and I don't feel so great! I end up opening the windows or dropping the thermostat down to try and get the original set up back. Yet I seem to have no other control of this! It's not like the recirculation light appears and I can turn it off again!

I want to address the stuffy air issue (new Pollen filter?) but what can I do about the change in set up? Is the car trying all it can to produce as much heat as spossible?

Sounds like another sticking re-circulation flap, check out my post for a fix.... the clicking you hear will be the flap sticking/moving, details of flap location are in the link below.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?554788-Air-recirculation/page2