ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this Electrical Connection For

Titanium Clio 182
5234574968_ef04c29d24_b.jpg

I noticed it was off, plugged it in and now my ESP light has extinguished on the dashboard! It has been constantly on since my last service a month ago!

The connection i'm talking about is the one with the green paint on the plastic connection. (NOT THE ONE WITH THE GREEN WIRE)

That must have been running like a bag of nails for a month!

It's the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (as above: MAP). It tells the ECU the atmospheric pressure in Mbar dependent on the throttle position within the plenum chamber.

Titanium Clio 182
Yeah it was and it has been stalling when first starting the car up!! I know I didn't un clip it so i'm wondering how its come off!!

Runs fine now!

Titanium Clio 182
I've also noticed the MPG has been poor! I've been driving from Portsmouth to Middlesbrough and back the past 2 weekends. This won't have damaged/clogged up the engine!!