ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what is this part? pics included

clio mk1
Hi all, Ive had a problem with this part for sometime now but I just taped it up before and it kept me going for a few weeks, the cable is getting to decayed now so it really needs replacing as its got worse in the last few days, anyway I called renault up but they couldnt help me as I didnt have a part number and all the numbers on this part have scratched off....
Anyway I just took it off mine to take some pics of so hopefully someone here will know what this part is or where I can get one from, any help much appreciated and thanks in advance for any replys.
Ryan
22-2.jpg

11-2.jpg

clio mk1
Well im not tooo clued up on 16v engines, but I can see its virtually attatched to the throttle cable on the front of the engine, the cable you can pull on the engine which would then inturn rev the engine up more as if you where doing it on the throttle peddle in the car, :S

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Not 100% sure but looks like the throttle potentiometer. Tells the ecu the position of the throttle butterfly.

Have not worked on Mk I's, someone on here will know for sure.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Try Euro Car Parts... Take it in, ask for a throttle potentiometer for your car and campare the two before you buy the part. They're normally pretty good in my opinion... Or scrap yard if you aint got too much cash knocking about.

clio mk1
cant dpo scrap yards tbh, non of them have a mk1 16v 1.8 clio engine lieing around and I dont think a standard RT/RN mk1`s are the same....

as for euro parts I live in shitty Hull and there isnt anything here except halfords and motorworld, but if anyone knows the part number I have a local renault dixons for parts, cheers all

throttle potentiometrer sounds good. Knowing renault you may need to buy the whole throttle chamber?

The only thing I can find on dialogys on a F7R engine is this:

77 01 203 513 REGULATOR 100.71 ---3 x 1

Put some more detail up on the engine/car and I'll check it.