ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is wrong with my clio?! Won't start up! (WITH VIDEO)

BPY

16v 1.2
All of a sudden it only occasionally wants to turn on, on the other occasions, i've had to jump start it! I have left it and come back to it and it has started, but not all the time
I videoed a bit of the battery to show that the terminals are in pretty bad condition, could this be anything to do with it?
All the other lights and electrical stuff works though
What is wrong with it and roughly how much will it cost to correct?

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kdmng5XpH4&feature=youtu.be

Thanks

Nissan sunny gtir
Could be earth lead to engine corroded or broken. Put a lead from the negative battery terminal to a metal part of the engine if it starts it's a earth fault

2001 Clio 16v
My clio has recently just started doing this, but it was working fine before I got my sub fitted to my car..so I have ordered another battery for my car because the old battery is knackered. But let me know what the problem is if you figure it out :)

Clio 182 FF Orange
I think it's either ignition switch or the 12v feed to the starter solenoid as it isn't even trying to turn over

if it was the battery all of the dash lights would dim when the key was turned to try and start it and the starter would at least click

hope this helps