ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is your next car & why?

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
Focus st, astra/corsa vxr, or maybe a older skyline 34/33.

Will probably be a diesel anyway coz fuel will be about £4.57 a ltr by then.

Clio MK 4
O right. Just a few people on here say they've had a few tussles and not much in it. And thats from DC5/2 owners them selves :S

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The only problem with VTEC units is that beauce almost all of the range are high revving thus giving poor fuel economy when you get the shoe down!

GT86, 335, Westfield
Dunno really - but with little money you can get silly power from them Evo's.

Being a rally fan it's the only one for me other than a scoob.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
prob a boring tdci. ill kep my current one for a while (got it in march). just think that in 5 years time running a petrol car that gets to 60mph in 6/7 secs will be very exspensive.

see a 120d in my future or astra cdti T9 (200bhp)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
next will be a z4 i think,

but the question is do i buy one now as im not buying a house untill the market sorts itself out or do i be sensible n keep my money in the bank so i dont have to sell the car when i need a deposit?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
next will be a z4 i think,

but the question is do i buy one now as im not buying a house untill the market sorts itself out or do i be sensible n keep my money in the bank so i dont have to sell the car when i need a deposit?

Go for a shared ownership scheme, ive just bought my first house through it and its probaly the best thing ive ever done.

Basically you buy 60% of the house and they take the other 40% then after 2 years you can apply for the other 40% making the house yours!
My mortgage is cheap-ish as a result of it i can still run the 172 which im delighted with:D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im not buying anything for the next 12 months just want to see what it does. plus living at home is ok lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
im not buying anything for the next 12 months just want to see what it does. plus living at home is ok lol

Yeah i kinda thought that but the prospect of having my own (brand new) mid terraced house complete with mirrored ceilling and sex swing was too tempting lol.

Nah really though, no survey fees,deposit, lawyers fees its great:approve:

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
Joint ownership schemes dont suit everyone. I looked at them. Was more cost effective to just buy 100% elsewhere imo.

alfa romeo gtv v6
my mate's got a dc2 he couldnt keep up with me. not a fan to be honest all bark and no bite. i think there over-rated and over-priced personally

Well he either cant drive it or doesnt realise that unless the engine is kept above 5000rpm then no wonder, a Dc2 or a 5 would eat a 197 never mind a 172.

You say over priced? I say competitivley marketed. Your buying the most reliable car on the road for christ sake, but then this is all in my opinion!:eek:
he'll admit himself i was pulling away from him but he thinks his is humped which is maybe the case! cos i personally thot it would sail past. think he was gutted which is maybe why its up for sale! http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/432882.htm

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well he either cant drive it or doesnt realise that unless the engine is kept above 5000rpm then no wonder, a Dc2 or a 5 would eat a 197 never mind a 172.

You say over priced? I say competitivley marketed. Your buying the most reliable car on the road for christ sake, but then this is all in my opinion!:eek:
he'll admit himself i was pulling away from him but he thinks his is humped which is maybe the case! cos i personally thot it would sail past. think he was gutted which is maybe why its up for sale! http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/432882.htm

When he says hes selling it to buy a house does he mean a DC5 lol...?

alfa romeo gtv v6
  A white and black one
Vauxhall astra vxr in arden blue. 19" vxr alloys. Loving the look, must say haven't driven one yet, have driven my mums astra though and i like it alot, my only doubt is the clutch on vauxhalls. Suppose you would get use to it though

172 ph2
I've had a mk3 and mk4 Golf and I fancy the Mk5 Gti, in white ! Wont be for a while though, not had the 172 long

BMW M135i
Either a Megane 225 or a Mazda 3/6 MPS, I want something quicker and it has been declared thou shalt have a turbo. Although having done the whole clio/renault thing i'm open to anything as long as it forfills the criteria.

Either an S3 in a few months or wait for about 3 years and get an RS5. can't currently decide. I suppose it all depends on how well the 172 holds out. currently on about 128,000