ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is your prefered choice of cleaning product's !?

Phase 2 172 Sport
Just after some info on what products are best to buy in terms of giving your car a good wash, polish or claying etc etc.

I can see there is a really good guide on here for the best way to clean your car but what products do you use.

Im not going to go out and spend £200 / £300 all in 1 go so what products and prices would people get for a good beginers kit to keep there car in good condition.

Cleaning seems to be 1 subject im not really 100% sure about !! Gav

Beginners kit I would say:-

Shampoo - Dodo juice B2BM with a decent lambs wool mitt.
Tar remover - Tardis/AG
Polish - Srp
Wax - AG HD

Wheels.
Billerry wheel cleaner, dilute about 1/10.
Poorboys wheel sealant

Plenty of Mircofibres a drying towel and get a good washing technique and use the 2bm merhod. Research is very good and thier is a lot of good people on here and also threads.

Thats my view on it, if you try and do everything on your first go you will proberly forget to do something or miss something out. Get used to the washing technique and stages where products should be used, then move onto claying etc.

Last edited:
  Phase 2 172 Sport
Yeh i have always used the 2 bucket method of washing any way so that wasn't really an issue. Top man on the list of products what kinda price do you recon a little set like that would cost me roughly !?

Check out http://i4detailing.co.uk/ for most of the stuff. Discount code "Cliosport".

AG HD wax from Amazon £25

Tardis from Ebay about £5 with P&P. PB wheel sealant is proberly best from here too you get a mircofibre and applicator for around £13.

Also while on the I4D site get a few bottles with chemical resistant spray heads.

Asda have some good Mircofibres on offer 6 for £2, brand name is Clever i think.

Gav, search. Fella it's been posted so many times before it's really getting old. I know forums are here to help etc etc and I've done my bit over the years, but there are some almost identically titled threads no more than a month ago.

Not a 320d
Everyones got an opinion mate so be prepaired for allsorts.

Get your wash and drying techniques out the way with first, although id try push to buy a wax/sealant to begin with. That way once youve got a wax on there, youll already have the wash products to maintain the finish and not strip the wax.

Id leave the HD wax out. I know a lot of people like it but Id put money elsewhere. Start out with Fk1000p, its durable and looks good, also beads really well. Once you move onto bigger things youll still have old FK in the fridge to apply to door shuts and wheels.

Clio 197 RB
Shampoo - Dodo Juice BTBM
Clay - Sonus Green>
>Lubricant - Dodo Juice Born Slippy
Tar Remover - Auto Glym
Polish - Dodo Juice Lime Prime
Wax - Dodo Juice
Quick Detailer - Dodo Juice Red Mist

And I use cleanyourcar.co.uk, very good.

Clio 1.2+ Laguna 2.0
Gav, search. Fella it's been posted so many times before it's really getting old. I know forums are here to help etc etc and I've done my bit over the years, but there are some almost identically titled threads no more than a month ago.

It does get tedious answering the same question again and again! but nevermind!