ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Lighting For Polishing?

V6 230
Hi,
I was going to get a PC a few months ago but have waited for the new Megs polisher and my Bday :)

Ive basically got a list of all the suff I am getting in the next 2 weeks but wanted to know what people do regarding lighting, I have a double garage but the lights arent very good :dapprove:

I intend to do the following:
Wash AG shampoo
Dry
Megs quick clay
Megs Scratch X on the really bad areas by hand
SFX1 pad with Megs #83
SFX2 pad with Megs #80
SFX3 pad with AG SRP
AG EGP with applicator pad and microfibre
Dodo Juice - Purple Haze with applicator pad and microfibre

So if that sounds ok what lights should i be getting to allow me to see the swirls and progress I have made?

Many thanks :)
James

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Im heading to b&q tonight to get a flood light or something similar, id of thought anything that has a strong output light will show up any swirls. I believe screwfix do lights for about £15 which are suitable.

16v Dynamique
Yeah that should be fine...as will any halogen lights.
Just one thing about your method though...#80 and #83 have more cut that scratch x by hand so just machine as normal, adjusting pad and polish combinations as necessary.

106 GTi
Woolworths have some dirt cheap halogens in the sale, my mate picked one up today and is going to grab me one next time he is passing.

As above save yourself so arm ache and ditch the scratch x !