ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Machine Polishing

BG 182 FF
Buying a new Machine Polisher, Previously had a Black MK4 golf so the paint needed 5 passes before it was even moving swirls.
My 182 is BG, wondering what pad and compound you find the best and how easy it is to mop and polish, how many passes with compound etc.

I've been recommended Megs 105/205 and foam pads and Megs Microfibre compounds too. Told to avoid Chemical Guys as even the compounds have filler (letdown)

Any advice would be good, I've detailed 911s R8s, high end kits, but its my baby so I want it immaculate beyond belief.

Clio 182, V8 Landy
I found the paint on my BG 182 rock hard beyond belief... Much harder than German stuff I've done before. It'll need a serious compounding first and maybe one but probably two refining stages.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
I'd recommend 3M compounds and matching coloured pads, great products that although aren't the cheapest they genuinely work! (Been detailing cars professionally for over 10 years). Green & blue I would start with.

BG 182 FF
I found the paint on my BG 182 rock hard beyond belief... Much harder than German stuff I've done before. It'll need a serious compounding first and maybe one but probably two refining stages.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Apologies, What compound, pad and Machine do you use? Not a rotary fan at all. so would be a DA.

Clio 182, V8 Landy
I used ShineMate pads on a rotary. DA will be fine. I didn't compound it right back, but in places where I needed to I used G3.
I'd recommend either 3M as oVerboost said, or Koch Chemie. Both work well.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
For foam go for Koch Chemie H8 - this can cut and leave a finish ready for LSP.
Use the Meguiars MF system with 101/105 and a drop of DA correction compound. Usually needs refining - I tend to reach for either Rupes UHS or Koch Chemie anti hologram.
These are my go to choices at work and usually cut through pretty much anything.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Been trying to decide for weeks what machine to buy. The more i read the more i feel confused.

I was set on a das21e but have been told now that a das6pro might be the better option!?!?

Also how do i pick the pads and compounds etc!?!? Ha

I was looking at clean your car as they do kits. Unless anyone can recomend buying seperate items?

Its for a BG 182.

Hellllllp

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I've got a DAS6 Pro that doesn't get used much anymore that I'd sell to someone on here if they wanted.

Got a few backing plates and unused Meguiars microfibre cutting pads too.