ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What map 172 Cup

RB 182 195bhp
Just throwing a few ideas about with regards as to what to do to my 172 cup next, decided a remap is probably the best next thing. It has a k-tec exhaust and induction kit, otherwise the engine is standard. Just wondering what map to go for, it's not a track car so ultimate power is not the main aim, I want more mid range torque ideally, but defiantly no drop in performance. Thinking about the rs tuner maps, or a k-tec one, or the asbo in me says pops and bangs, but I don't want to destroy economy and ruin performance with this. Opinions please

RB clio 182
I have the rstuner and have both maps. The increase in mid range and overall smoothness is quite noticeable.

The overrun map barely makes a difference to mpg as it only flames over 4.5k rpm . The only thing it does do is destroy lambdas and baffles.

Maps don't gain you much on these engines, so in my opinion its not worth going to ktec as you don't get the added benefit of a code reader for diagnostics (which you do with the rstuner)

172 cup
There are loads of threads about remaps worth using the search and having a look.

However I have the rs tuner on my cup and think its brilliant

RB 182 195bhp
Did you raise the rev limit with your rs tuner? I know a live map would give the best gains, but to me it's not worth the traveling and cost for the extra gain

RB 182 195bhp
Can I ask how much the RS tuner cost you? Was it new? I was in the process of ordering one and it came up at £444.00, I was under the illusion it was more like £250. For £400 I would be better off with the live map I'd imagine

RB clio 182
I think you have chosen the wrong thing lol.

Go to fastchip.nl > shop > Programming equipment > RS Tuner Kit > go to the bottom of page and select rs tuner standard > next drop down select Clio 2 RS CBxx. And so on...

Actually to help more, pay up and become a member to CS. There is a start to finish guide on how to do it in the members area. ;)