ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What paint could I use on brake discs?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
My brakes have gone rusty after being replaced just a few months back.

Is there a specific type of pain I could use on them?

image.jpeg

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Ive seen an apprentice put copper grease on a brake pad to stop squeal.
On the friction material side though
Halfords sell the very high temp paint you'll need,
just please don't do them red etc

Wire brush / scotch pad as much rust off as you can, mask round the disc so you don't get paint on it & paint it up, I'd use black Hammerite smooth.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Hi Austin, I have had normal brush on Hammerite smooth silver on all my cars for years and still lovely :) no need to bother with high temp.

Focus RS + S3
i used silver High temp paint from halfords on the focus, mask as much of the disc as you can/be bothered to,

when dry go up the road and touch the brakes and all the excess will come off leaving a nice edge lol

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Ive seen an apprentice put copper grease on a brake pad to stop squeal.
On the friction material side though
Halfords sell the very high temp paint you'll need,
just please don't do them red etc
Anthracite / dark grey will be what i do them in. I dont want them to stand out at all, i just want rid of the orange rust.

Hi Austin, I have had normal brush on Hammerite smooth silver on all my cars for years and still lovely :smile: no need to bother with high temp.

Thanks mate. They look worse than my old brakes which had been on for 5-6 years!

Last edited by a moderator: