ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Phone ? On orange network...

I am stumped on what phone to get with a semi good camera.
Its gotta be on orange.

I have ruled it down to..

So views are appreciated

Nokia N95 8 Gb - Ok, all singing all dancing, butr a bit big :(

Samsung Omnia 8 Gb - I aint to sure on touch screen ?

Apple I Phone - Can these be easily unlocked from O2 ? And what like are they to use ?

Sony Ericsson C902 - Nice slim looking phone, but have heard it freezes and batterys crap as is camera :(

Anyone else any ideas ?

Orange now have the n96, but its probably the same size as the n95. My mate has a C902 and never had any problems with it, and the pics are good.

PAC -> O2 and iPhone.

Gah, my replies are too predictable nowadays :(

I don't get why you wouldn't use O2 with an iPhone? Heh. Unlimited data, unlimited Wifi (And it is unlimited, not limited to 200MB in the terms), well priced (IMO), etceetcetcetc and you can run all updates with no fear! :p

PAC -> O2 and iPhone.

Gah, my replies are too predictable nowadays :(

I don't get why you wouldn't use O2 with an iPhone? Heh. Unlimited data, unlimited Wifi (And it is unlimited, not limited to 200MB in the terms), well priced (IMO), etceetcetcetc and you can run all updates with no fear! :p

Im with orange on mine, unlimited txts/calls/net. £40 a month

I have just found out the I phone aint capable of receiving MMs Messages
icon_sad.gif

You've gotta log onto O2's website to retreive them.

How crap is that, when you can buy a cheap camera phone for 20-30 quid that will do it.

So i guess thats the I-phone out of the equation. :( :(

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Also considering Nokia N96 and Samsung Tocco.

Any views on them ?

omnia is the best on orange for touchscreen Its windows mobile tho' which is erratic. Looks very very nice and has some nice menus/features. Much better than the Tocco.

N96 i havent played with yet.

I sent about 10 MMS's before ever.
Now I can e-mail photos, I send loads!

MMS sucks, E-mail FTW!

I guess its personal choice Daz.

Its sometimes easier to Mms my mates than e mail them as they're not at computer all the time.

I guess he is talking about the 2g iphone being unlocked to orange, not the 3g.

And fap paying o2's prices for the iphone!

I'd settle with the 2G i phone if needs must and that.

Ideally i'd like a 3G one though.

But i have heard the following. :(

you can't do with the iPhone is that you can only connect to headsets with the Bluetooth and nothing else? Like no connecting of phones. There's also no forwarding of SMS or copy & paste function.

When is the c905 out ?

and is it any good ?

What spec does it have ?

An yeah to hell with paying for a phone :(

unlock the 3g iphone easy. TurboSim FTW

Whats a turbo sim David ?

Is that another network sim card ? (vodafone etc?)

Get yourself a blackberry bold on orange mate. you won't regret it. love mine :)

G

Any pics or links to the Blackberry Bold bud ?

I had a look at the blackberry's but they seemed a bit big ?

How are they to use and what features do they have ?

I do like the 3g. But ive got so used to having a blackberry. Ill check about the C905 tommorow re release date through vodafone as i cant remembe roff the top of my head.
Tis true about the bluetooth.

www.gsmarena.com for spec mate :)

Cheers Ben

Turbo sim

productimg1199863439431.jpg

Just a chip that fools your phone, genius!

Ok, where and how do you get them ?

And if this is in how would i fit an orange one etc ?

Or would i have to go with turbosim ?

Audi TT
Whats a turbo sim David ?

Any pics or links to the Blackberry Bold bud ?

I had a look at the blackberry's but they seemed a bit big ?

How are they to use and what features do they have ?

http://eu.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrybold/

Has pics, specifications etc..

Not too big at all mate, very similar in size to iphone etc...

Can do everything you will want in a phone really, text, mms, email, instant messenger. 2.0 megapixel camera is alright for snaps. You can have facbook application installed if you use FB, snap a photo > option > send to Facebook > tag photo > upload. So pics snapped, tagged and on FB in under 30 seconds. Very dangerous when you catch mates being muppets out on the lash!
Games are pretty good for the thing, brick breaker is addictive and other games come preloaded and can downloads others.
Media support is excellent. Very good music player which will even synch with iTunes. Built in speakers good for showing people tracks, video's etc and standard 3.5mm headphone jack for plugging in the decent bundled headphone's or your own expensive ones.
The screen is simply amazing. Everyone I've shown the screen quality has been in awe of it. It comes with a couple of sample video's and they really show off just how good it is. To say it looks like a HD plasma would not be off the mark it really does look that good.
I've an 8gb memory card in mine and have stuck a couple films on it. Can easily watch a film on the screen. :)
Email support is the Blackberry's forte really as they were originally aimed at business users. I have mine setup to automatically get my hotmail emails for me.
Millions of available applications to do pretty much anything you can think of.
Has built in GPS which works a treat with the blackberry maps application or personally I prefer the free Google Maps application which even includes the ability to zoom in on satellite images the same as the website. Can plan routes, search for local places etc and it really handy. For example if I'm in a town I don't know I can put the application on, let if find me using GPS, then search on for example pubs and it will pop up and show all the nearest pubs with links to them including a telephone number or reviews, can click on the number to call them to reserve a table etc... Very clever application.

iphone-vs-blackberry-bold-15.png

http://eu.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrybold/

Has pics, specifications etc..

Not too big at all mate, very similar in size to iphone etc...

Can do everything you will want in a phone really, text, mms, email, instant messenger. 2.0 megapixel camera is alright for snaps. You can have facbook application installed if you use FB, snap a photo > option > send to Facebook > tag photo > upload. So pics snapped, tagged and on FB in under 30 seconds. Very dangerous when you catch mates being muppets out on the lash!
Games are pretty good for the thing, brick breaker is addictive and other games come preloaded and can downloads others.
Media support is excellent. Very good music player which will even synch with iTunes. Built in speakers good for showing people tracks, video's etc and standard 3.5mm headphone jack for plugging in the decent bundled headphone's or your own expensive ones.
The screen is simply amazing. Everyone I've shown the screen quality has been in awe of it. It comes with a couple of sample video's and they really show off just how good it is. To say it looks like a HD plasma would not be off the mark it really does look that good.
I've an 8gb memory card in mine and have stuck a couple films on it. Can easily watch a film on the screen. :)
Email support is the Blackberry's forte really as they were originally aimed at business users. I have mine setup to automatically get my hotmail emails for me.
Millions of available applications to do pretty much anything you can think of.
Has built in GPS which works a treat with the blackberry maps application or personally I prefer the free Google Maps application which even includes the ability to zoom in on satellite images the same as the website. Can plan routes, search for local places etc and it really handy. For example if I'm in a town I don't know I can put the application on, let if find me using GPS, then search on for example pubs and it will pop up and show all the nearest pubs with links to them including a telephone number or reviews, can click on the number to call them to reserve a table etc... Very clever application.

iphone-vs-blackberry-bold-15.png

I take back what i said, i quite like that Blackberry :)
What contract are you on ?

Or is it provided by your work ?

And what networks supply this blackberry ?

Audi TT
I'm on Orange, supplied by orange although at work they've started dishing these out to certain people although they have most features turned off which I don't :)

I got a right deal on my contract. I went through to Orange retentions as opposed to just renewing the contract. Managed to get the Bold for free with 600 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data and orange care insurance for....... £27 a month! I was shocked and well happy with the price. :D

I think that Vodaphone now do the Bold as well but Orange were first to market with it anywhere.

G

insignia
Also considering Nokia N96 and Samsung Tocco.

Any views on them ?

omnia is a very nice phone, just ord with 02 online, i personally prefer it to the iphone, was looking at the n96 but really bad battery and imo just isnt as good as the samsung

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
you can get turbosims and unlocking sims of ebay for like a tenner. They actually work aswell but sometimes you need to ass about with firmware revisions to get it all working. I did a vodafone one on v2.1 but it only runs 2g data...for now. pretty good until the proper unlock comes out, worth a thought.

Audi TT
I cant say things like that.

All i can say is wait until the storm is released, i love mine!

Piss off. You've got a Storm?!? Only seen Lewis Hamilton with one and the CEO of Vodaphone so far. I demand proof!:eek:

He could be waiting ages for the storm, plus would have to wait for Orange to get it as well as says needs to be on Orange.

I say get a Bold. No big "issues" with them recorded so far so not sure what Vodaphone apparently failed it on during testing? Probably their 3G network at fault ;)

At work we've been given mobile data terminals that at present run over vodaphone network. I'm trying to convince them to give us Orange where we are as with voda can only ever get a GPRS signal, never 3G whereas Orange has good 3G coverage for the county.

G

Got mine friday, as im a blackberry ambassador. There are a few people with them where i work. The screen is very weird to get used to as it moves :)

I cant tell you the release date but its soon.

Audi TT
It does everything the Bold does plus has a 3.2megapixel camera and is full touch screen :)

Very cool. And I'm very jealous of Ben.

Ben how can I be a blackberry ambassador?!? I swear I've converted about 10 people to these since showing them my Bold!

G