ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What phone to get next? O2 Upgrade

2014 Focus Titanium
Hi,

My upgrade is due in 3 weeks and im stuck on what phone to get. I'm a gadget freak and i usually want the best features so a minimum requirement is this:

GPS
3mp camera
Wifi
Full Internet Browsing
3G/HSDPA

Currently I have the N95 (v21) and it's been a great phone, but i don't know what to get now, I won't pay over £50 for a new one on my existing £40 tariff! I was going to wait for the N96 but that won't be out until August and it won't be down to £50 while about january 09 so I cba to wait that long.

I was thinking:

N95 8GB (but to me its not really anything to get excited about since i have a 95 already!)
O2 XDA Orbit (brill phone, nice big screen, free sat nav software, looks good, but could i get used to stylus only use? not being able to text 1 handed?)

Any suggestions?

D

dick

SE w960i ftw.
200706142210W960i_viers380.jpg

keypad AND stylus.
dnt have to use stylus tho when just using it, i only use stylus when browsing web, but dont have to use it, can do it with fingers when u dnt wanna look like a nerd.

you cannot compare internet browsing on a touchscreen vs one that aint, its so different.
i wont be going back to a non touchscreen thats for sure.

do it!!!
ive got the p1i, which is like w960i, but got a full querty keypad and not as good msuic player. same menus, operating system though.
p1i.jpg

also, you cant ge the same phone, where the fun in that!!
only thing is that it dont come with gps, but i have a gps reciever on a keyring that goes with me.

tom tom walking around london ftw.

3.2mpx cam, wifi, bt, IR, f**king everything basically. 8gb internal i think on the w960i.

Last edited by a moderator:
  2014 Focus Titanium
Wel the N82 albeit a great phone is barely different from my 95 except for more RAM. And i don't like the look of it compare with the 95 8GB.

dick I like your suggestion but i really need in built GPS im afraid. :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Wait for the black N82 or get the N958gb, the N95 8gb is HUGELY fast compared to the N82.
But the N82 gets a new firmware with built in geotagging soon.

I love my N82, i only wish it did email like my P1i.

2014 Focus Titanium
As much as that looks a nice phone it doesnt have Wifi or GPS so i wouldn't touch it with a bargepole!