ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what polish. clothes etc to use

right first one to answer gets a prize! need a good reasonable priced polish to use on my wee metallic black puddle jumper and recommendations for polishing clothes and were to get them asap as planning her first ever polish this dam weekend

Quote: Originally posted by Alymac on 05 April 2004

right first one to answer gets a prize! need a good reasonable priced polish to use on my wee metallic black puddle jumper and recommendations for polishing clothes and were to get them asap as planning her first ever polish this dam weekend
I normally wear some old work trousers and t-sh*t, and an old wolly-pully if its a bit chilly! ;)

Seriously, check the post called http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=78567&SearchPagePosition=1&search=cleaning&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=2&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search Cleaning advice required and the website http://www.bettercarcare.comwww.bettercarcare.com

You can get most decent polishes, waxes and cloths that you require from high street (motoring) shops if you search about a bit.

i use mer for polishing and just some old 100% cotton rag... brings it up a treat. Still looking for a decent wax tho... any ideas...?

Skoda Fabia vRS

for wax i use Zymol Carbon Wax, to polish before hand i use HD-Cleanse, though this is only required every so often

http://www.zymol.co.ukwww.zymol.co.uk

for your usual prices then id go for Meguairs Gold Class Shampoo, and Gold Class Polish...............using a sponge applicator to apply and a Microfibre microwipe to take it off........Meguairs make those aswell

Mark 1 Clio V6

Look into getting Diamond Brite.

May cost a couple of hundred pounds, but you wont need to polish your car again.

All you need to do is wash it with the Conserver once a month and it comes out to a show room style finish.

I have had my last two cars done with it and the results are amazing.

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 05 April 2004

Look into getting Diamond Brite.

May cost a couple of hundred pounds, but you wont need to polish your car again.

All you need to do is wash it with the Conserver once a month and it comes out to a show room style finish.

I have had my last two cars done with it and the results are amazing.

Already had that supagard pish on it!

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 05 April 2004

i use mer for polishing and just some old 100% cotton rag... brings it up a treat. Still looking for a decent wax tho... any ideas...?
I used to use Mer about 12 years ago when I first started driving, and stopped using it about 10 years ago. IIRC it is actually quite abrasive so I wouldnt use it to polish more than 2 or 3 times a year. In fact no polish should be used very often. Check out the bettercarcare.com link

I would recommend P21/S100 (same wax different name) carnuba wax, buy it online or from a Harley davidson dealers. Fantastic deep, glossy finish.

I use Halfords Williams F1 Carnauba enriched car polish (500ml) £9.99

And the best cloth ive EVER used to take polish off with is a 3M cloth, theyre almost static and pick up the dust.

Ive a black clio too, and i could clean it every day and it would still be dirty, but since i started using the williams f1 polish and 3M cloth its a joy to clean it! Definitely wouldnt be without the 3M cloth ever again. Ive had even more compliments since i started using it on how glossy the car is (sounds so big headed that lol)

Revels Mum & Sister

Same as Paddy

And standard issue Polishing Cloth

And wash it with the Zymol Car Shampoo. Looks and smells Proper bo!

Quote: Originally posted by Alymac on 05 April 2004

is there any product in particularly good at saying feck off to evil swirl marks and surface scratches?
Meguiars Scratch X is supposed to be very good, although Ive not used it myself.

For less serious swirls I use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (IHG) after polish and before waxing. Use the 3M website to find your nearest stockist.

Clio 197

As far as clothes are concerend, avoid wearing things with zippers, metal buttons or rivets. You probably should wash and polish your car whilst in the nude, to avoid scratches, and use nice soft cloths for the polishing.

I use a wax applicator to put polish/wax on.. a microfibre to take it off. I use Meguiars 3 stage if I have a whole afternoon.. or just Turtle Wax Extreme if I have like a couple of hours!

I use an Autoglym Shammy to dry etc.. and either a Mit or a Sponge with CarPlan Shampoo!

I used mer for a long time but could always see residue in the paint that I couldnt seem to polish out. I have a blue car and it was worse on the black one my bro has.

Someone suggested we tried ( sounds cheap and nasty - BUT) the colour turtle waxs. Our cars have never had such a good shine and a deep one at that. You can get them from halfords etc. If you want an example look in for the thread in the "media, pics and video" section under "Aberdeen Mini-meet" one of the blue 172s is mine and the black clio ( not the one with twin exhausts ) is my Bros.