ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What price should I buy a 182 from Dealer

Hi Guys,

I a noob, so forgive me if i ask some dumb ass questions.
Ive been looking at buying a 182 from a dealer (Leamington Spa), and part-ex my Zetec Fiesta. What price is realistic to pay on a new 182 with cup options? Ive been thinking around the 13k mark, which Im gonna try to push hard.

I understand you can buy the cars through brokers cheaper, but I need to part-ex (cant be arsed with private sale).

Whats the build quality like on Renault Clios? Ive heard horror stories, but surely this company wouldnt be in business if they were true? I dont mind the odd rattle, but could do without the roof flying off, or engine dropping out of car :)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ta

dk

911 GTS Cab

yes 13k with options is a fair price from a dealer, have a look at some of the other threads for the best deals.

Renault is like any mass produced manufacturer, you get some good ones and some bad.

if you cant get a good deal from a renault dealer, try http://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com/www.carselect.lloydstsb.com

they do part-xs as that is where i got mine from, saved 2k.

Obviously as low as possible but I think £13k is the magic figure with the Cup options included. Anything close to that would be a good deal IMHO.

Like dave182 says, do a search and see what deals people have had for their 182s. I did hear of someone getting a 182 Cup for £12,500 from a broker which is pretty bloody good !

The cheapest i could get mine was £13600 with only spoiler pack, full tank and 12 months tax and 0% finance over 3 years..........

someone got one for 12,400 with cup bits so aim for that. generally dealers have around 20% of the value to play with. Try at the end of the month cos salesman have to meet their sales targets by then, and if they havent, you sale could help them meet it.

Thanks for all the help guys. I really want a Clio, as my Fiesta Zetec S doesnt cut it anymore.
Its a straight choice between CTR and Clio 182, and looking at the prices I know what Im having!

2nd hand CTR = 14.5ish
Brand New Clio 182 = 13ish

Cheers for all the feedback, Ill let you know how I get on.

Trophy 263 + 265

why cant you be arsed to sell your fiesta private?

if you put it at the right price it will be gone in a couple of days.

let me get this right you are looking for the best deal and save ££££££££££££££££££s yes:D

so why part exchange your current car and get at least a £1000 less than if you sold it private if you want to save money?

sell it yourself and get a good deal on a 182 its simple.

you are going to have to wait 6 weeks at least for a 182 anyway.:cry:

why do people always want the best price for the new car but give the old one away for a stupid price?:confused:

dk

911 GTS Cab

because its bloody easier, less hassle and you dont have to worry about when to sell it, not having a car for a while because the other person wanted it straight away, it was so easy with mine, they bought my car to work on a trailer and took my old one away with them, easy as, no hassle, nothing to worry about. Same reason people would prefer to pay a little extra for a car from a dealer as its less hassle.

Trophy 263 + 265

if you like wasting money then there is nothing wrong with letting the dealer have all your cash.

my point is why ask about getting the best deal if you aint prepared to save money yourself in the first place??

isold my main car a month a go,i am driving around in a r reg 1.2 fiat punto at the moment .

payed £1300 for it to get me around till my 182 gets here.

shall we argree to differ on this one dave;)

lee

Dave and Lee, nice to see you guys getting along so well.

Boonbot, I have done the similar search myself, see my earlier post for reference.

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=75233&PagePosition=3http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=75233&PagePosition=3

Good luck hunting down the best deal...

You better watch out for this poking business, as a newbie myself I have somehow managed to stay hidden so far. :cool:

Ed

p.s. Guys, thanks for the advice given for my earlier questions!