ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to buy for £200 - Clio 182

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Ive been doing a bit of eBaying to fund my "habit".

I have bigger things I am saving for (some sort of serious power upgrade) but forgetting this what can I buy for £200 or less that would be fun/good/worthwhile/wont need a mechanic to fit it etc.

Answers on a postcard to

Z4MCSL
182 Nicole Avenue
Petroldhead (just south of Leatherhead)
RS18 2CL

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I've heard good things about the uprated anti-roll bar. Have you considered the basics such as new tyres and or brakes? I very much underestimated the value of these!

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Its just had about £1200 ploughed into "making it work again" and I am getting new rear discs and pads already (front ones are fine)...it also has new tyres all round. I am getting a company to sort out the headlight lenses to restore them to being beautifully clear instead of looking like the car has glaucoma .... but I want to get something FUN

anti-roll bar sounds like a good idea. What is the deal with the strut braces I see in the rear of some cars too - are these any good?

Z4x2 & buying a 182
and yes I know I could have done the headlights myself for less than a £5 but I am lazy, very lazy

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Its just had about £1200 ploughed into "making it work again" and I am getting new rear discs and pads already (front ones are fine)...it also has new tyres all round. I am getting a company to sort out the headlight lenses to restore them to being beautifully clear instead of looking like the car has glaucoma .... but I want to get something FUN

anti-roll bar sounds like a good idea. What is the deal with the strut braces I see in the rear of some cars too - are these any good?
Strut brace does nothing, the whiteline on my car makes it 10x better to drive!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Pms anti roll bar. Don't buy one of those whiteline crappy ones. They are literally made from bits of scrap metal. Blow your £200 on a quality item👌.

Z4x2 & buying a 182
whats the deal with the bar size choices and the rubber sealing boots

(bear in mind I am as mechanically minded as a puddle)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Probably. If you've ever seen ont that's been on a car for 5 mins you'll note they appear to rust quicker than an old fiat. The bits of angle iron hanging down just offend me too. The pms is a much smarter bit of kit.

I'll have you know that they're a quality bit of bent railing 😂

Clio 172 ph1
RARB is a good really good choice, had a whiteline on my cup and well worth the money, just got a PMS one..... not fitted yet but looks a lot better design.

Another option would be the PMS top mount and front strut bar kit, but does require drilling. You don't have to be mechanical to fit it.... but you do need some balls to take a drill to your car.

Z4x2 & buying a 182
I am tempted by the ARB from what everyone has said.

In terms of the steering wheel I am keen but the risk averse part of me doesnt want to get a better wheel until I have a race harness as the idea of not having an airbag on motorway journeys etc puts me off