ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What products do I need to improve my paint....

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Bought the Civic a couple of weeks ago, as its Nighthawk Black, is swirl and scratch city!!

Now Honda paint is known for been 'wafer thin! So am going to be doing by hand. So am needing some recommendations for best damage repair products please peeps...

Removing swirls and scratches by hand is very very very hard as I found due to not having a DA/Rotary.

The usual 2bm wash, tar, ironx and a claybar then. I would get a lake country hand cut pad some menz 106fa/ Menz203s. Follow that up with some poorboys blackhole to fill what's left and top it with a nice LSP. That will give you a lovely looking car for a while.

Correcting by hand is never going to happen and you won't be left with the finish you want. Once the PB Blackhole wears off they will just come back. Get it someone who knows what they are doing for a full correction.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Am wanting a full correction at some point, anyone on here do Yorkshire area?? Just want to try and improve a little bit possibly in short term.

Have been tempted with buying a DA on a couple of occasions, but paint is a major concern I have with this car. It really is thin, paired with me never been near something like that is not a good recipe! Are DA's just about idiot proof? Because I am an idiot...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How about just a nice combo to improve the appearance? Something like Auto Finesse Tripple followed by a nice wax or some AF tough coat. Very simple combo. Tripple helps clean the paint, removes some light marring whilst filling the worst of it.

Rejuvenate is the other product but carries less filling by hand.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
How about just a nice combo to improve the appearance? Something like Auto Finesse Tripple followed by a nice wax or some AF tough coat. Very simple combo. Tripple helps clean the paint, removes some light marring whilst filling the worst of it.

That's all I'm looking for at min Gally. Not expecting miracles, but I'm sure improvement can be had with a day and some elbow grease...

Maybe a 172 Cup..
This pad:-
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/lake-country-light-cut-hand-pad.html

This polish:-
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/menzerna-203s.html

I have used that combo on 3 cars now and while it does work a tiny bit it's by no means a match for a DA, it's bloody hard work aswell. If there is a better way by hand I would also like to know but as far as I'm aware that's it, that said its time for me to move onto a DA I think.

Cheers for product recommendations mate..; )

Golf GT & A4 Avant

+1

quick and easy products that are the new SRP & EGP combo IMO