ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What rights do u have after garage work

I am taking my car back to Xtreme in Harlow today because (among other problems with my braking), the front discs/pads that they replaced are pulling strongly to the left under heavy braking. The Red Dot 6 Groove brakes were fitted exactly 2 weeks ago and have just about worn in.

I have spoken to Xtreme and they have said to bring them in to check. Thing is - if they say it is not a problem with the discs, what rights do I have? -I know that the old brakes were not out of balance and that the calipers etc worked fine before hand. Can I demand that new discs/pads be fitted as I am sure that the problem stems from here....

Any mechanics out there?

I am not a mechanic.

Arent you the chap who was having his car MOTd and this is what they where failing you on? If so ask the mechanics there what they think is wrong with it. Just tell them that its all under warrenty but you dont trust the company its under warrenty with to be as clever as them at finding the problem. If they say they will have to try variouse things then tell them not to bother. But if they can say its definatly 1 thing or another then you will have more return with Xtreme.

Do you still have your old pads and disks? I doubt you would have, but if you did putting them back on might be informative.

Just an idea, but I have only just got up, so it may sound stupid when I read it after work.

Good luck

Paul

Hi DTWD,

No thats not me, I havent had it MOTd yet. If they are not particularly helpful I will tell Renault to check the brakes and see what they say.

If its definately the discs I can take it back to Xtreme then I suppose.

I have read some previous posts on similar problems and it looks like the right brake isnt working as efficiently as the left (hence under heavy braking it pulls to the left handside)

Mk2 172

Do you get any vibration as well when you brake?

Might be as simple as some air in one of your brake hoses.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh extreme !! Bunch of t**sers !!

Fecking sluts !! They scrtched one of my alloys and denied it of course !!

They only got one lot of money out of me and its the last !! tw*ts