ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What shall I do with this?

BG 182
This is the eBay add. I bought I without even speaking to the guy!!

Renault Clio 2.0 Sport.. W reg...2000 For Sale Spares or Repair.. This car was brought as a project by myself with a suspected broken cam belt. The engine was stripped down to check what damage was done but on inspection it looks as if the cam belt slipped off the belt tensioner. The cylinder head and valves look ok... The engine has been left in this condition i.e. Stripped down.. As we no longer have the time to finish this project. Grab yourself a great bargin. This car could be fixed and used on the road or as a great track racer or even stripped down to the shell and be sold on for parts... Please contact me for more information or more photos.

7217baaa.jpg

c08490fa.jpg

I have a brand new cambelt that will fit it and am basing the purchase on needing a few valves! It could be worse but we will see. I have the tools, workshop and capability to rebuild it. Or shall I break it??

What's it worth? I shall get service history mileage info etc later but lets say 120k with very little history?

My missus was the one who told me to buy it!!!

BG 182
You'll get more than that breaking it, granted. But it's a high mileage car which looks slightly molested. If you got the tools and know how, I would either rebuild it and keep it as a toy, or time the engine up with new belts and sell it with the car or separately?

BG 182
apparently its got 66k on the clock but not much history. I shall be doing checks with Vosa to confirm mileage anyways. Also has a stainless exhaust of a description, wonder if its a 4 inch jap style universal can? And the head is off. Which i shall fully rebuild anyway.