ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should I expect for 3 grand these days...

Corsa Sport 1.6 16v
I'd rather have a Phase 1 than a VTS, infact I think I'd rather stick a 2.0 in my Corsa than have a VTS lol... maybe a mint phase one could be an option with a new steering wheel haha. But long term ownership, *I* would be happier with the phase 2 interior.

A VTS/GTI would be a bit too lightweight and wouldn't "feel" much of an upgrade from my Corsa. Also, bit of a kids car... don't see many 172's around here, prefer it that way :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
im laughing come the weekend to £7k to play with for a 182 :D keep searching high and low every where . just dont fancy silver, also was recaro seats a extra option on 182 ? as spotted a 182 with rec seats in it and seller has said his was optional extra
yeah it was an option mate.
for 7k its a trophy for me, add the xenons.
i wouldnt spend 7k on a 182 mate there lots for under 6k and they are not dogs imo.

M

mini-valver

i drove one bout year and a half ago and i enjoyed a 106 gti so much more.
maybe its because i have a thing against all saxos, i know there great cars for the pound-fun factor but older 172 or a 106 gti over a vts .
only imo of course.

Headlights and dashboard really do make a car more fun.

:S

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Headlights and dashboard really do make a car more fun.
:S
if its the same car all round then why are there so many discussions about which is better, sadly i don't know much about pug/cit but i've driven both
and i enjoyed the 106 more maybe it was more fun bacause i was doing it in a more comfortable interior therfore enjoyed the drive more?

M

mini-valver

if its the same car all round then why are there so many discussions about which is better, sadly i don't know much about pug/cit but i've driven both
and i enjoyed the 106 more maybe it was more fun bacause i was doing it in a more comfortable interior therfore enjoyed the drive more?

Some people prefer the looks. The dash in the Gti is worse than the Saxo dash, the seats are half leather on later GTi's, but less supportive. They are BRILLIANT cars! They rattle a bit, the interior is plasticy and the suspension components aren't built with longevity in mind but for pure out and out fun, you cant beat them.

Ignorance is the only reason people dont like them.