ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What size spacers for my car 182 ff with cooksports

BG Clio 182
I want to put some GOOD quality spacers on my 182 ff. It has cup dampers and cooksport suspension. I do occasionally have a full car.

I want the wheel to come as far out to the arches as possible without obviously looking odd. I would like to know which spacers to buy, (hubcentric) for front and back, and where to get them. Also, will i need uprated wheel nuts? and could i use those purpley ionised bolts or do they look a bit ricer?

BG Clio 182
Yeah I've put 15mm hub centric ones on the front of mine and it's absolutely fine (I also run cook sports)

I've not yet fitted my rear ones (I'm fitting the 10mm PMS stub axle spacer kit) but there wont be any rubbing issues with those either. http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=263
Why would you use that instead of the hubcentric ones on the rear? Does that bring the wheels in line with the arches? And did you need extended bolts or whatever?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It's better to space the stub axle out rather than using wheel spacers as it reduces the loading on the wheel bearings.

You get everything you need in the kit.

clio 182, Rx7
My cars on apex springs and it's rubbing pretty bad. Is that the general consensus you need to space out 15mm? What's the minimum I have to space to stop the rubbing? (unless anyone wants to swap there cup springs for my apex ones??)

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
WP_20150102_16_00_01_Pro.jpg
I'm running cooksports and have got 5mm stub axle spacers on the rear. No scrubbing.
it will take a 10mm aswell I reckon with maybe a bit of scrubbing if people are in the back.
I went for 5mm to be on the safe side and I'm happy with them.
going to put 15mm hubcentric ones on the front when somebody decides to sell.me some.

BG Clio 182
Bit of a bump but thinking I should get some 15 mm for the front. What should I buy? Finding it confusing with the brands being all different prices. I want really good ones though maybe eibachs or something. This longer bolt business is confusing me too. Can't I use my normal bolts anymore then or my locking wheel nut or what?

Anyone got a buy this buy this kinda link?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what ones are the best but I believe anything over 5mm and you need longer bolts.
I only went 5mm on the rear because I didn't want any scrubbing. Am thinking of going 10mm on the front.

BG Clio 182
Not sure what ones are the best but I believe anything over 5mm and you need longer bolts.
I only went 5mm on the rear because I didn't want any scrubbing. Am thinking of going 10mm on the front.
Yeah I mean I've researched and im thinking 15 mm on the front and 10 mm on the rear like @Sunglasses_Ron said to be fair. I just don't want to s**t out buying bolts etc but I must have locking wheel nuts lol.