ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Sony 32" LCD ?

BMW F21 125d
After a 32" Sony for the bedroom, currently have a 40" in the lounge and its epic, however after a lower spec for the bedroom, cant justify the cost of what the lounge one cost me!

Narrowed it down to two

KDL32S5500 or KDL32V5500

V is considerably higher specced but pricier!

Anyone got a 32" Sony LCD that could shed some advice.....

i have the 40v4000 and I am very pleased with it. If I was looking to purchase a 32" I would go for the S series, cheaper and don't think there is much in it in terms of specs, on the 32". Anything bigger and i would got for a V

BMW F21 125d
I've got a 40w4500 downstairs, WhatHiFi's TV of the year 2008. the 32" is only for the bedroom, the S is coming in at £330 with 5 yr warranty (Richer Sounds), the V is looking at £480 + Warranty. The V is clearly specced better, but the S is getting the nod as I wont even watch it much with having the 40W downstairs.

The main difference between the S and V is 1080i HD-Ready Vs 1080p/24p Full HD. It wont be hooked up to Sky HD or Blu-Ray so for standard def Digital TV, I think the S will suffice.

Last edited:
  Octy VRS
I have the S as my main TV with PS3. It is very good for the price, colour reproduction is excellent.