ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What sort of people do Renault UK Employ!

M2 / Golf GTI
Right, some of you might know i've been on off to Renault about the rust on my bonnet.

Anyway, calling up today they sticking to there guns and wont replace it under corrosion warranty because its been serviced non Renault.

So I ask, "Tell me what difference it makes to the paintwork where it was serviced"

Reply - "Well, the company may have spilt something on it to cause the rust"

My Reply - "Like what?"

Reply - "Oil"

FAIL.

Lionel Richie
just remind them about the silver mk1 172 rust problems when they were new, whole cars had to be resparyed

M2 Competition
Does the warranty state that the car must only ever be serviced at renault for it to be applicable?

Id ask for a terms and conditions and small claims their asses.

M2 / Golf GTI
Don't know, im just saying its pretty bad how one of their employees seems to think oil causes rust!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oil causes rust? My engine and gearbox must be fecked.

Megane Mk4
Reply - "Well, the company may have spilt something on it to cause the rust"

My Reply - "Like what?"

Reply - "Oil"
You've more chance of raw egg damaging the paintwork than oil..
Ask for the Regional Manager's name to put in a letter of complaint, take it above the head of the garage themselves.

You had the car from new?
I expect its been in a bump/ had some minor panel damage and the rust is as a result of poor body work repair.

M2 / Golf GTI
No I bought it second hand about 2 months ago and noticed it when buying but realised it had the corrosion warranty. Anyway to tell if its original bonnet?

Signs of overspray, panel gaps out etc.

Just because the car hasn't been serviced at Renault it doesn't mean the warranty is void, as long as the services are carried out to Renaults specifications using genuine Renault parts and you can prove this then you will be fine.
If a component had failed as a result of lack of servicing then fair play but I fail to see how the corrosion warranty has anything to do with servicing.

VW Caddy Van
It could work like the Ford corrosion warranty tho mate, it needs a stamp to say it's had a bodywork check

www.renparts.co.uk
check the bolts where it bolts to the hinge as there will be sign where the socket has marked the paint on the corners of the bolt head.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If you read the warranty booklet , it states that the anti corrosion warranty is only valid if it's been serviced at a Renault garage because they also do an anti corrosion check which they should also tick and stamp in your service booklet along side your service stamp.

Thats how they get out of not replacing your bonnet . It's a bit of a sneaky way into forcing you to always have the car serviced at a Renault garage and pay over the odds .

Theres an EU legislation called "Know your rights" which states that the dealer can not negate your warranty as long as the garage that you used is V.A.T registered and uses equal or equivalent standard of parts to the main dealer.

If the dealership can prove that servicing from a non dealer can cause rust on your car's bonnet, then the dealership is in breach of this law.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ I suggest you read the service booklet . It's all in there .EU legislation or not , thats how they get away with not replacing parts .

Ph1
Say it was serviced at a Renault garage, do Renault still replace / sort bonnets under the 12 year anti-corrosion ?? :S

I mean you could easy get a stone chip that rusts through which is just one of those uncontrollable things that could happen at any time in a cars life under 'wear and tare'

C63 AMG
The warranty is valid as long as a VAT registered garage carries out the service with Renault parts.

Moreover, they are breaking competition laws by insisting you use Renault when having services done.

Some Renault dealers are run by feckless priggs without an educated bone in their disabled bodies. However, if you live anywhere near Cannock then I recommend you visit the REA dealership there.

I have nothing but praise for their work.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you read the warranty booklet , it states that the anti corrosion warranty is only valid if it's been serviced at a Renault garage because they also do an anti corrosion check which they should also tick and stamp in your service booklet along side your service stamp.

Thats how they get out of not replacing your bonnet . It's a bit of a sneaky way into forcing you to always have the car serviced at a Renault garage and pay over the odds .

This is true, 100%.

I worked there and also had my mk2 ph-1 bonnet and tailgate replaced due to rust. Luckily my car had been serviced by Renault all its life.

Trust me on this, your car MUST HAVE FULL RENAULT HISTORY for the 12 year anti corrosion warranty to be valid.

I'm not saying its leagally or ethically correct, but like it or not, its fact.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The warranty is valid as long as a VAT registered garage carries out the service with Renault parts.

Moreover, they are breaking competition laws by insisting you use Renault when having services done.

Some Renault dealers are run by feckless priggs without an educated bone in their disabled bodies. However, if you live anywhere near Cannock then I recommend you visit the REA dealership there.

Do you really think that Renault put clauses in their warranties without first checking that the wording of it is totally legal ? . :rasp: :approve:

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Joy. I am currently starting this battle, although my rust is nowhere near as bad as yours. It's just small bubbles for the moment that have crept from the underside and worked its way round to the edge of the bonnet beside my headlight. None of it has come through yet, but it's just a matter of time. I took it to Renault in Inverness, and a manager took pictures of it, got their 'approved' bodyshop manager to have a look and photocopied my service book. My car had its 24K done at another servicing garage, and the manager pointed this out as being a problem. I reminded him my latest service (34K) was done and stamped by renault, and the box for the corrosion check was ticked meaning that the car, according to them at this time, had no corrosion issues at all. He went a little red faced and changed his tune saying, "It shouldn't be a problem and I'll sign it to say that I've agreed, along with the bodyshop manager, it should be replaced."

edit: that was nearly two weeks ago. Still no reply, but I'll give them until Wednesday before showing up.

M2 / Golf GTI
Trust me you wont hear back for 30 days, they must leave it lying around for 29 days then decide to do something. Came out with that to me.

Btw all I accept I wont get it replace im more laughin that un-educated fools who work for this company!

C63 AMG

Do you really think that Renault put clauses in their warranties without first checking that the wording of it is totally legal ? . :rasp: :approve:

Do you really think all contracts are perfect? And not all contracts are totally enforced either. I had an exhaust replaced and it was not under warranty. In addition, different dealers provide different levels of customer service. REA Cannock, I have found, supply excellent and fair service.

I think Renault state that the car has to rust from the inside out so stone chips and things of that nature are out.

www.renparts.co.uk
its all about a duty of care, trading standards can decide even though its covered as exempt in a warranty that it should still be repaired/replaced. My sister is a trading standards officer, for example they have had customers with electrical items that have failed days out of their 12 month warranty. Companies often will replace them when pushed as they are expected to last a reasonable amount of time.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Do you really think all contracts are perfect? And not all contracts are totally enforced either. I had an exhaust replaced and it was not under warranty. In addition, different dealers provide different levels of customer service. REA Cannock, I have found, supply excellent and fair service.

I also had an exhaust replaced when mine wasn't under warranty ,when i went to collect the car and they presented me with an invoice they were very red faced when they realised what they had done . One free exhaust ftw ;)

Thats besides the point though . I think you'll find that most dealerships and Renault UK will try and wriggle out of any repairs / replacements if the servicing schedule hasn't been adhered to as per their service booklet conditions .

SoA2k6 . Sounds like you'll probably get it sorted with them having ticked the anti corrosion part of the service booklet stating that your car is in good condition :)

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Sorry to bump, but just a little update to say that I got a call to say that Renault will be replacing my bonnet under warranty. I'll take pictures and show the 'damage.' Looks like the full services with Renault themselves doesn't always apply.