ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Sub

What sub and amp would you say is good for all round ability? wanna spend bout £350 maybe little more if needed.
i have infinity 6x9, and 5 1/5 upfront, kenwood head unit. cheer.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Well, for me it would have to be a 10" or 12" Alpine Type R sub! They are the overall best in my experience! Depends what type of musik u like really. Then maybe a Alpine 407 amp! That should do the job!

I would agree. At that price range, theres only two options for me... the Alpine one described, or Cadence. Cadence is one of the best US audio companies for SQ-meets-SPL type systems (the all-round performing equipment youre lookign for). You can get an excellent Cadence set-up with two 12" Ultra-Drive UD12-4 subs (metallic orange with electro-luminescent cones!!) and a Q3000 300W RMS amp (matching orange metallic with orange interior illumination!) complete with a wiring kit and a double 12" box for £285 at Hendon Car Stereo (0208-2035225, www.hendoncarstereo.co.uk). This is a lot cheaper than even the best US on-line wholesale prices for these items, and I cant recommend it highly enough, I was blown away by the sound and as a bonus it also looks awesome!!
But if the idea of something a bit different doesnt appeal, the Alpine set-up, as Gengar rightly pointed out, is also excellent.

If the only thing needed to be run off the amp is the sub, then the world is your oyster my friend.

For £350 (ish) you could get a JL Audio 10W3 (plus box if bought from the right place) and a Rockford POwer 200.1. Make sure you get the Dual 2 Ohm Voice Coil version and you can run the amp into 2 ohms (200WRMS) and have amazing poise, quality and power...all for your budget!

Otherwise an easy solution would be the Focal Bomba box, I was skeptical as it is an all in one system (built in amp) but it was damn impressive, the 10" version is £400...soa bit over budget, but hey!

Personally I think the JL idea is better...

Scott