ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what the hell is up with these bolts

Clio 172 cup
Taking my rear beam off for refurb and repaint however I'm a little stumped by the bolts that hold the beam mounts onto the chassis, they're the one that has the head of the bolts covered by some metal thingy and are located under the rear passenger bench seat, obviously after 12 years the bolt threads are quite corroded so I can loosen them off but there is no way of holding the heads still while I go at the nuts on the under side. I'm tempted just to cut the heads off with a grinder but I'm also concerned about the ability of replacements and how I would go about redoing the bolts up on refit.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

182cup & 172 racecar
This is another wonderful Renault design. When we built the race car, we just cut them off and replaced them with long bolts. And yes it might take two people to do this.