ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do - fueling / omex / mapping issues

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Quote from my project thread;

YEY!

Compression
195 193 195 198

Leak down test was all less than 5%

Bores look good,

He said its over fueling , he said 10,000 more miles with that much fuel and it will be "bore washed to f**k"

So good news and ok news! £370 for a map, bum :(

Oh and he said I need a new filter as that one is f**ked!, so I need to find the correct replacement!

Will i have to pay for a full remap? is there anyway I can just get the fueling altered? (I know feck all about remaps/ignition timing, AFR etc)

Paul at RS tuning said he could do me a full remap for around £300 = vat, Thoughts? Can the fueling just be altered on its own? (less wonga)

How can I check if it even needs altering, as i told that guy it may be overfueling before he did the compression test etc) I does pop and bang lots when you let off! Could i check by a power run with a AFR probe in the exhaust?

Cheers (sorry in advance for any dumb s**t ideas lol)

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
take it to track and road or northamtion motorsport they will map it by the hour should only take 3hours or so depending how far its out.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
3hrs and what per hour!....

ben, GDI are professionals with OMEX, in the same building. Worth giving them a bell...?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
you can alter fueling but you need a RR and a ATF gauge.

just get a proper map mate. Paul will sort you out and it will feel like a new car ;)

carl

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
TDi north (2 mins away) said he will RR it with a AFR reading for £40 (superflow rollers)

What you think? worth doing, or just get it mapped and get the RR then?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
TDi north (2 mins away) said he will RR it with a AFR reading for £40 (superflow rollers)

na not really, just wasting your money tbh. At full throttle setting the AFT isnt too bad. Its part throttle which is more trickey.

All a RR/AFT reading will tell you if its overfueling or underfueling and where at. Probably will find it underfueling at high rpm and overfueling lower down (normally where the car will be used)

dont let a monkey map the car, it will end in tears lol pick up the phone and get talking to paul ;)

carl

172 5HED

Mate I am organinsing an RR day there tomorrow, £30!!!

Come down :D

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I cant, it has 3 wheels bolts! lol

Need to fit the decat and new stealth exhaust too first

Lionel Richie
stop f**king about, and go see paul, he'll have previous maps saved so has something decent to work from, bin you existing POS map

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I know feck all about mapping, all ive been told by people is thats its over fueling which can cause bore wash etc.

That why i want to get it on rollers with a AFR probe etc

ITB'd MK1
Dont really want to descibe it here and so everyone messes with theirs ;) sure Andy could talk you through it or mod the map and send it to you to upload if you know how to use the basics of the software

Mail me the map and I'll take the pops and bangs out then get to Paul and have him cal it properly on the rollers.

Danny there has to be some fuel injected on the over run to make it pop/flame. If a decel fuel cut strat was active then it wouldn't pop or flame - you can't make flames out of fresh air and a decel fuel cut strat should really target zero injection events within the cut range for fuel economy if nothing else. Ignition r****d on over run just ensures the mixture lights off at the right point to produce visible flame from the exhausts........... "chav cal" as we call it.

Cheers
M

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
that map decel fueling is turned on, the fueling level is however circa lambda 1...

obviously this uses fuel but is not much

for fuel economy decel fuel cut is of course better..

ITB'd MK1
Mail me the map and I'll take the pops and bangs out then get to Paul and have him cal it properly on the rollers.

Danny there has to be some fuel injected on the over run to make it pop/flame. If a decel fuel cut strat was active then it wouldn't pop or flame - you can't make flames out of fresh air and a decel fuel cut strat should really target zero injection events within the cut range for fuel economy if nothing else. Ignition r****d on over run just ensures the mixture lights off at the right point to produce visible flame from the exhausts........... "chav cal" as we call it.

Cheers
M

my point was that it isn't OVER fueling that causes the pops and bangs. Excessive fuel would cool the exhaust and to a point reverse what the ignition r****d achieves. You can call it what you like, if someone asks for pops they can have it

E39 M5 & Corsa track
if its a quick alteration then expect to pay around 140+vat we charge 450+vat to do a complete map start to finish, if its just a tidy up then 140-200 usually covers it.