ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do with Clio. Sell, break?

I don't drive it much, on a 55 plate with ~53K on the clock. As it sits on the drive most of the time things seem to break, the exhaust is ready to fall off any minute (expected at its the original), the alternator is putting out a low voltage which we think caused some electrical problems a few months back, the bodywork has a few dents that need a body shop (two occasions where someone has hit it and drove off), steering wheel fucked (typical sun damage), wing mirror case smashed (wife), splitter gone, side strip gone and it needs new front tyres.

The belts were done by JMS 10K ago but the service book wasn't stamped (missing stamp, long way to go back blah blah) but I have the receipts. James said he would stamp the book but I just need to get my arse into gear and sort it.

Basically I have no love for the car. Its just transport.

What would you do? Sell for a bargain price as is and buy a cheap run-around? Run it into the ground and break it? Do it up and sell?

I'm not a fan of breaking cars that only needs a few things sorting tbh. Sell it and let someone else enjoy it.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Best advise I can give is don't break it mate. I've been doing mine for the past three days and it's slowly but surely sending me mental.

I'd sell it. Stamp in the book has never bothered me when buying a car, reciepts are the important things IMO. My mk1 doesn't even have a service book, lol!

S3, Polo
As it's a 55 plate, it still has a fair value. If you've not got any interest in restoring it to a condition that you'd be proud of, I'd sell it, but for the price of a couple of stamps, I'd get the book stamped & increase your potential audience.

Breaking it (and the wait while it's picked to pieces) will make you hate it more, I guarantee it.

LY Megane R26
I'd sell it rather than break, from what I have heard seen and as Luke said it sounds a nightmare!
When it comes to selling and the stamp/service, to me I always go for receipts rather than a stamp in the book and you have them so its not to worry.
To me a stamp could just mean a mate works in a garage and has stamped the book for you or you can even buy on eBay now!
Whatever you choice good luck:)

Breaking a Clio is a right ball ache. You sell bits multiple times before someone actually pays and you have to put up with some proper stupid questions.

Get some pics up, I want another cheap Clio so Might be interested :)

Cheers all, after thinking about all the options I am going to stick some money into it to get it back to what it once was. I am driving the family wagon most days but my missus is going to need it soon so I will be forced to drive the Clio more.

172/vx220t/m135i
Cheers all, after thinking about all the options I am going to stick some money into it to get it back to what it once was. I am driving the family wagon most days but my missus is going to need it soon so I will be forced to drive the Clio more.

Good decision, breaking a 55plate just doesn't make sense to me.

182cup & 172 racecar
This why it's always best to get things done straight away, one thing becomes two, then three, then four.
Then before you know it, it's a pain in the arse and going to cost too much to do.

I've said in another thread today, don't break unless you really need to, it's a fkn pain.