ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to do with my damaged blue 172 cup, advice please people, GUTTED

Clio 172 cup
LOL @ wanting £2900 for a crashed Cup.

If you PM Fred he'll bite off your ear and feed it to the pigeons.

Call him.

hahaha i new you would think its steap but from what iv been offered already with how good the engine and it has a full lightweight stainless custom made exhaust on it which set me back a fair bit aswel so cant accept less. it was perfect lol

who is this fred guy, im from derbyshire

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Be careful with trying to find the parts in the right colour. I replaced a door on my old Cup, and it didnt match. Had to get the whole side blown over. Personally i'd just find any old 172/182 Bumper and drive it round till the spring.

172 cup
You will NEVER get anyway near 2900 damaged. Fix it up yourself, its not as bad as I thought it would be

Clio 172 cup
You will NEVER get anyway near 2900 damaged. Fix it up yourself, its not as bad as I thought it would be

i no this thats why i want to fix it because with it fixed it will sell easily for £3500-£4000 but just struggling finding the parts,
theirs no bumper on ebay for a 172 or 182 and had no luck from clio spares so im in a mess at the minute.

Clio 172 cup
ah hem.....

tried both of these now, not got a contact number for steve so just pm'd him and wrote on the forum,
the site doesnt have a front bumper but does have a headlight for 60quid

does anybody have contact numbers for clio spares and steve at sutts autos???????????????????????
that would be a big help!!!!

thanks

330i. E30 Touring.
This thread is hurting my head.

As said- buy parts from a car breaking. Bolt them on yourself.

Shouldn't cost you more than £200.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
It doesn't have to be a cup front bumper its just a 1*2 front bumper you need. Even if you get the same colour as your car its unlikely to match your paint so it will probably need a spray anyway.

I'd personally go to a bodyshop and get them to quote you for the bonnet and bumper, they may even be able to sort your bonnet out. I'd say your probably looking at under £500 to sort that all out tbh. The bumper should be about £100 absolute max. A bonnet is cheap enough as you can get it off of any mk2 ph2 clio. The headlight should be ok for a while, but again on a cup its not a xenon so it can come off of any mk2 ph2. The grill is £40 new from Renault. Best bet is to phone (not email/PM) the breakers on here and local breakers yards too and you should find the bits you need, and then get it all sprayed.

If you go to a bodyshop, ask to see examples of their work, you can get it done well for cheap but at the same time you could get an awful job if your not paying a lot. An example is a body shop near me has quoted £300 for a front end respray, knocking the dents out of the panels and re-aligning the rear bumper. I have seen their work 1st hand and know it is top notch.

Clio 172 cup
Should of sold it to that company for £4500! As everyone has said, just get some Cup replacment parts and then flog it on to that stupid company that'll pay over the odds for it! Hell I might offer them my car!

i was really tempted to let it go at the time but i love it and not many low milage full service history well looked after examples about, he wanted it off me for that price knowing he could sell it quickly for more. at least if i get it back in good shape ill always have a good offer from him. he offered 4500 if i part chopped it for the civic type R and just over 4cash but then it still had full warranty lasting another 3months so now ill still get over 3500 which is god, just proves if you keep the car in good shape it pays off :)

Last edited:
  340i
Should sort it out pretty easy Jay :)

2hrs to strip off all the damaged parts.. assess if anything else is bent etc.

then refit the new parts if we can find a cup that is being broke!

Gay Clio 172 phs1
3 pages on such a light damaged car... lol

Go and buy the parts your self and use some common sense and panel it up, then get to a few bodyshops and get a few quotes for the prep/paint. You could easy repair that for peanuts if you use your head and dont use the excuse you dont know anything about cars... Time to learn some new skills and get your hands dirty. P.s Dont buy pattern parts try and buy Gen.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i wasnt going to comment on this thread.
£4500 for a cup never in this world.
repair your self dont worry about trying to find a cup as thats a waste of time theres lots of normal 172s out there.
not all cup blues will be the same mind.
bonnet is all the same, lights are all the same make sure its the right colour there cheap to buy new.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a619658c5

Last edited by a moderator:
  Stagecoach Ticket
Listen to budgie

1. You could have that fixed with duck tape and cable ties

2. Front bumpers can be had for peanuts i got mine from a breaker for £50 just swap the grills and fogs over, if there marked prep em up and spray em satin black in your garage
3. RS Grille can be had for what £30 second hand?
4. Just get some bag of shite non sport bonnet doesnt matter about condition £50-£100?
5. Light £30?

£160 fixed

With the amount of body shops short of work atm you could get a front end spray for under £300 easily

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So much dumbness in this thread. Tbh, i've resisted posting in it, but now my head is going to explode. As such, im going to write in bullet points:

1. Your cup isnt worth £4.5k, in fact glasses price (assuming 70k miles) is about £2k.
2. Your cup isnt worth £2.9k damaged.
3. It probably isnt worth £2.9k fixed either.
4. Its not particularly badly damaged.
5. Stick it back together with duck tape until you find replacement parts.
6. These will cost peanuts, 1*2's are being broken all the time.
7. If you want rid, ill give you £800.

:)

Bumder With A Buffer
I Sold my Monahoe for 2.5k back in the summer. Think the guy wqho bought it from me recently part exchanged it for a Leon and got 2K trade in..dealer had it up for 2.8k. Was down somewhere in kent.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i was really tempted to let it go at the time but i love it and not many low milage full service history well looked after examples about, he wanted it off me for that price knowing he could sell it quickly for more. at least if i get it back in good shape ill always have a good offer from him. he offered 4500 if i part chopped it for the civic type R and just over 4cash but then it still had full warranty lasting another 3months so now ill still get over 3500 which is god, just proves if you keep the car in good shape it pays off :)

Thats called over allowance. It means the Civic is tooo expensive and he's got a load of profit in it. He's giving you loads for your cup so it seems like a good deal, but on paper he will reduce the civic by £2/3k and reduce your cup by £2/3k leaving the same cost to change.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Thats called over allowance. It means the Civic is tooo expensive and he's got a load of profit in it. He's giving you loads for your cup so it seems like a good deal, but on paper he will reduce the civic by £2/3k and reduce your cup by £2/3k leaving the same cost to change.

Nail. Head.

The stupidity of people amazes me constantly. Whether they offer you £1500 more for your shed, or £1500 less off the new car, the cost to change is still the same lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nail. Head.

The stupidity of people amazes me constantly. Whether they offer you £1500 more for your shed, or £1500 less off the new car, the cost to change is still the same lol.
Remember that PM. Oh my days.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Remember that PM. Oh my days.

And the response ;)

rofl-brothel.gif

Clio 172 cup
I would say 90% of 172 cups being broken for parts already have a knackered front bumper/bonnet due to a crash, I have seen a few rear end crashed cups and even one being broken due to a cambelt snapped however

as someone has already said just keep ya eye out on eBay and ring cliospares weekly

Clio 172 cup
Should sort it out pretty easy Jay :)

2hrs to strip off all the damaged parts.. assess if anything else is bent etc.

then refit the new parts if we can find a cup that is being broke!

cheers mate! :D it will be sorted, gota keep us renaultsport fans on the road showing off the beautys!!

Clio 172 cup
i wasnt going to comment on this thread.
£4500 for a cup never in this world.
repair your self dont worry about trying to find a cup as thats a waste of time theres lots of normal 172s out there.
not all cup blues will be the same mind.
bonnet is all the same, lights are all the same make sure its the right colour there cheap to buy new.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a619658c5

i love quotes like this because makes me want to get it back in shape asap becuase must mean i had a amazing cup, this is at the time a got offered £4500 trade in price for the typeR which was £6700 or the trophy was £6500 at another garage. or 4100cash
even if £4500 was to another car still means im getting £4500 offered for the 172cup........as dave agrees :)

cup 172 with 39,000 miles on
full service history with all the book stamped
3owners from new thats including me and other 2 were women :)
3months full warrenty left remaining including all parts and labour
cambelt changed 3times since new and only low milage with stamps in the book and on engine for proof
brand new disks and pads all round including front calipers
4new tires
just had a full service then including cambelt, 12months mot, 12months tax
jvc ipod socket cd player
all papers for work car has had done
and he new it was booked in for a full lightweight stainless custom made for this car so it wa lighter than most other stainless for the car
not a scratch on the car and it, its brilliant condition inside, even had a new battery,
i no it was defo worth £4000
iv prob even missed bits out :D

your telling me thats not worth 4grand, doubt you will find many like it to be honest

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its not worth £4500, what ever you think......

I'd put VERY good money on the one i sold in the summer being in better condition. Who cares about lightweight exhausts ???

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL. Mileage, condition and trade in are irrelevant. It's never worth £4.5k. As Dan said.

I can't believe this s**t's still open.

Clio 172 cup
PMSL. Mileage, condition and trade in are irrelevant. It's never worth £4.5k. As Dan said.

I can't believe this s**t's still open.

hahahahahahha of course its relevant!!!!!!!!!!!
so a 80,000 miles cup in bad condition should be priced same as mine with 38,000 on just because its what there worth!! thats bull s**t
so if some had brought a 172cup when it was brand new and garaged it new used it much, had 2,000miles on, just because what guide prices say it would make it no more valuable than mine?????
if condition milage and trade in stuff aint relevent then thats like saying your saying every every single 172cup is worth the same!! no matter what condition.
of course its relevant!! hahhaha
you come on thus site just spreading a bit of news because your a renault sport fan then you get the helpers who are just generally interested like me and wana help in anyway or or the know it alls :)
it was just a offer, does it make any difference, maybe he wanted the car bad lol, my god hahhaha

big thanks to everyone that helped me in anyway :) i appreciate it :)

If you're getting offered £4500 or even £4100. Snap their hand off.

To a normal person it's probably worth about £3k.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^Worth a good 5 k there, if you have a lightweight stainless steel exhaust, then jeeze ;)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
not as quick as 225s though haha ive just got one for a mate at 2500 not bad nick cambelts done services all up to date needs a clean really
your telling me your cars worth 2000 more no way been in the trade to long
also when tradeing in a car if you got a good one and a not so good one same miles same car i bet theres 500 quid in the part ex price