ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do?

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
I recently bought a cheap 172 to run about in for winter. I've had a couple before and always thought they were fun.
I didn't pay a lot for it and it shows in the bodywork. Mechanically, it's very good. 100k, belts just done, full history.
It needs a rear shock for its mot (amazed how bad it is with a knackered shock)

im in not one for skimping on things when they need done, but this is meant to be a cheap winter runner (although I might keep it for knockhill next summer).
so do I:
a - buy one cheap rear shock £30 and just live with it
b - buy two standard rear shocks
c - buy a set if koni adjustables.

Option on a is best for a cheap smoker. But option c appeals to my do things properly philosophy. My only issue is that spending money on this is taking money away from buying other useless junk lol

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Think I would go option B if it's just a cheap smoker.

Sod's law you buy one and the other will go, always better to replace on pairs anyway.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai, 80 odd squid for two new rear shocks and you'll be set for years, imo no point messing about....well unless you want to buy my rear shocks from the cup packed 182 i'm breaking............shameless plug ;)