ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to get...

Last year I got a Nikon D60 for my birthday, since then I've been steadily getting more into photography and as it's almost my birthday again I would like to add more gear to my range. All I have at the moment is..

The D60 with 18-55mm kit lens
cheap hama tripod
UV filter

What should I get next to progress further? I'm thinking in terms of lenses, filters, accesories etc

Looking at a budget atm of £150-£200

All help and guidance much appreciated :approve:

Last edited:
  Mk2 Golf gti
Nikon 35mm f/1.8 :) i have one, its lovely. Or a zoom lens 55-200mm VR i have that aswell, it's a pretty good lens.

3 Series touring
hmmm...its a toughie!

are you more of an arty photographer (portraits, close-ups, bokeh etc) or a journalist (had no idea what to call it) type, taking photos out and about , at track days and the like?

thatll give a bit of idea wether to go for a prime or zoom lense i reckon

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just going off the top of my head here..

Best value for money in terms of lenses are primes. Either a wide/standard prime like the 30mm, 35mm or 50mm's, or if you want a zoom third party lenses may be the way to go. A Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 can be had for £200 second hand if you're into portraits and general walking around.

A Lee/Hi-Tech/Cokin filter set and remote shutter release if you're into landscapes.

A Sigma 70-300mm APO if you like your wildlife and motorsport.

Extension tubes if you like your macro.

Some of those are more of a compromise than others, £200 doesn't stretch very far I'm afraid!