ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what track day tyres....?

clio 182 cup
i knowthe r888s are the obvious option but im after some that i cant leave on the car 4 everyday use, and i want them to fit on standard 182 cup wheels. current pe2s are 205/45/16s. cost is pretty much out of the window but i wanna know what lse is on the market that would suit...?

any ideas guys?

cheers

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The only option for day in day out use would be Hankook RS2's. Very cheap, meant to be very good, and useable everyday. Camskill are the cheapest (by a distance) for these, but never have any stock!

Golf GTD Mk7
The only option for day in day out use would be Hankook RS2's. Very cheap, meant to be very good, and useable everyday. Camskill are the cheapest (by a distance) for these, but never have any stock!

lol probably why they're so cheap ;)

I didn't fully understand the question mate, you want track tyres to use all the time? ie. on road and track?

Better than yours. C*nt.
For a spot of track work that you can use every day, the PE2s are fantastic. Expensive, though.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m12b262s690p4061

Job done.
For the money nothing can touch them.
Had these as everyday tyres on my 197 cup & a set of R888's as well.
The toyos make a sound similar to a landy:D
The Toyos have the upper hand on track but at twice the price, but wear out way quicker.
Paradas oh dear i'l let you try them.
Pe2 sidewall too soft, on the T i lost the mich mans head:D

Pm Inferno he uses them everyday on his 182

SQ5

Terrible track tyres, I done a set in less than half a day!

R888's, whatever people say they are a great all around tyre. Yes even in the wet! Except standing water, but not many tyres are good with standing water at speed!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Hmmmmm. Even on track, pushing hard, the heat differential front to rear on the r888's is massive. No way on a cold day you could get the rears up to heat. And the difference in how they cope with very small amounts of standing water when compared to a normal road tyre is staggering.

The argument will be null and void soon, they are one of the tyre's that will become illegal for road use next year when the new tyre reg's come out.

SQ5
I can't see the regs changing TBH. A bit like the driving age being changed, always being talked about but never will! If anything Semi Slicks are safer tyres because most people that buy them know why there buying them and how to use them!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I can't see the regs changing TBH. A bit like the driving age being changed, always being talked about but never will! If anything Semi Slicks are safer tyres because most people that buy them know why there buying them and how to use them!

You mean like the R26.R that climbed a roundabout not long after they were released?

SQ5
You mean like the R26.R that climbed a roundabout not long after they were released?

Always going to get some people as with everything ever created!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Slightly different bud, this is euro legislation that's already in the final stages, mainly for emissions and rolling resistance iirc, but they will cease to be road legal. Tbf when mr commited (the fred) says it's f**king difficult to get the rears up to temp on the road, us slightly less unhinged people will struggle!

SQ5
I managed to get the rears quite hot on an evening at Snetterton couple months ago. I don't know how but came and gave them a feel and couldn't believe the heat in them! The track had been used all day so was full of rubber, could of played part in some extra grip but highly doubtful. Couldn't believe it though!

E46 320CD

Tyre regs ARE a changing, come into effect by 2012. All tyres will be given an efficiency rating, similar to what you see on appliances in comet etc.

They will be graded on rolling resistence, noise pollution etc etc. Anything what don't meet a certain criteria in future years will not be fit for the uk roads (don't know a time for this). How they will put this into practice i do not know.

I'll see if i can get the info from work and post it up, some of it makes for interesting reading.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I managed to get the rears quite hot on an evening at Snetterton couple months ago. I don't know how but came and gave them a feel and couldn't believe the heat in them! The track had been used all day so was full of rubber, could of played part in some extra grip but highly doubtful. Couldn't believe it though!

Excellent. But, iirc, snetterton's not the public road;). On track they are epic. On the road they don't work.

I've got RS2's on my car and there very good but the stiff sidewalls mean that there a lot harder on the road and need a bit of warming up but for the money there excellent.

:)

S4 Avant
slipery in the wet though

B0ll0cks.

Ever tried a set of budgets? My paradas are only on the back, and offer a massive amount more grip in both the dry, and wet. This is compared to the tires that my wheels came supplied with, Durun Sport One loveliness

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
B0ll0cks.

Ever tried a set of budgets? My paradas are only on the back, and offer a massive amount more grip in both the dry, and wet. This is compared to the tires that my wheels came supplied with, Durun Sport One loveliness
Compared to other performance tyres, they are worse than useless in the wet.

Compared to other performance tyres, they are worse than useless in the wet.

Double b****cks how many miles have you done on them and what other brands have you used to compare them too?

Tyres are very subjective and unless your a trained tyre tester I doubt that you can make that comment.

;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
F1 GSD3, T1R, Exalto, Pzero Nero, V12 Evo, Contisport, Proxes4. Covered 2k on them, then ripped them off. They are shite in the wet. Good in the dry on road.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
B0ll0cks.

The paradas on the 197 were useless compared to the contisport. They weren't bad when new but under 7mm they understeered when the roads were wet with no standing water.