ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres to i get

Inferno 182
need a new pair of tyres on the front so what do people on here go for should i stick with michelin at £90 each,kumho at £57 or most others such as conti and bridgestone for arond £75 each:S

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm impressed with the Michelins on my 182 so i'll be sticking with them when i need to replace them . If your happy with em stick with em otherwise if your try a different tyre and your not happy with it then your stuck with em for the next ??000 miles .

The contis that came as standard on my old 172 only lasted 7500 miles on the front and tbh i don't they they are in the same league as the Michelin exaltos when it comes to grip .

Inferno 182
are the contis any good as the conti warehouse is in rugby and an old football teammate works there ,i might need to hunt him down

Inferno 182
MRBILLYUK said:
I'm impressed with the Michelins on my 182 so i'll be sticking with them when i need to replace them . If your happy with em stick with em otherwise if your try a different tyre and your not happy with it then your stuck with em for the next ??000 miles .

The contis that came as standard on my old 172 only lasted 7500 miles on the front and tbh i don't they they are in the same league as the Michelin exaltos .

think you might be right they are expensive but made for the car

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
dazbav said:
think you might be right they are expensive but made for the car

Like ya say . They are not the cheapest but you have to weigh up the pros and cons . I'd rather pay £20 - £30 more for a tyre that i'm happy with and know is a good performer than save a few quid and not be happy with the handling .

£78.40 delivered from mytyres .

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html

A well built VW
Try blackcircles aswell members get 5% discount

I know Ally has the rainsports and is happy with them and they are quite cheap Heard bood things re Avon ZZ3's and i used to have yoko parada's which are very gripy in the dry not as good in the wet

M2 Competition
Running toyo t1r's at the mo and loving them, although seem quite a soft compound, so will see how they last. Handlings fantastic in all weathers, conditions, especially on the edge.

Definately better than the pe2's they replaced imo.

Oh, and just under £120 a pair delivered from ktec, bargain.

Eagle F1's for me on the fron'ts and i've got some mich pilot exalto's on the rear.

Impressed with the eagle f1's stick to the road like glue.

Recaro Black Gold 182
^^ Totally agree, dont skimp on the price, tires are your only point of contact with the road.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
rex said:
Running toyo t1r's at the mo and loving them, although seem quite a soft compound, so will see how they last. Handlings fantastic in all weathers, conditions, especially on the edge.

Definately better than the pe2's they replaced imo.

Oh, and just under £120 a pair delivered from ktec, bargain.

I've had toyo t1-rs and t1-s when i had a 172 and tbh i thought they were absolute sh*te in the wet . Nowhere near as much grip as the Michelins .

Turbos.
I need to buy tyres and went on MyTyres to check prices. The Exaltos are the best according to the reviews on there, wet weather grip is much better than the Contis for example.

Black Circles and Etyres are more expensive than MyTyres for the Exalto too.

172 cup and Saab 9-3
i changed to toyos worst mistake i made will be going back to the contisport's when these wear out which won't be long fronts not much over 6 months old and down to 4.5 mill all ready

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I,ve just got a pair of BF goodrich g force profilers on the back. They are the new tyre from michelin who own BF goodrich. And so for very good. £58 each....!

Cam

182 Cup
Chris K said:
Same but £40 a corner all in :)

Where from? i need some new tyres, gonna try the F1's and my local garage said they can fit them for what my tyres are selling them for.

BMW 320d SE
Teds said:
I,ve just got a pair of BF goodrich g force profilers on the back. They are the new tyre from michelin who own BF goodrich. And so for very good. £58 each....!
Ahh that's why all the Michelin runners in last year's WRC are on BF Goodrich then!
As for tyres, I'm tempted to try Eagle F1s on the 182. I had them on my old 306 and they are outstanding.

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
michelin last longer as they are a harder compound but you suffer more road noise from them, id go for contis as they are beter overall!

106 GTi
MRBILLYUK said:
I've had toyo t1-rs and t1-s when i had a 172 and tbh i thought they were absolute sh*te in the wet . Nowhere near as much grip as the Michelins .

Agreed, some scary moments to be had with Toyos in the wet.