ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres would you recommend for 182 Cup Alloys!??

Mini Cooper
My mate has a Clio 182 with the Anthracite Wheels!!

He needs to change all 4 tyres, and would like to know the best size and brand of tyre for these wheels!!

I think he currently has 195/45 R16's on and he wants to know if he would be better with the 195/40 profile tyres!! Also wants to know the best brand, as hes been quoted £160 delivered for 4 x Toyo Proxes in 195/45 R16 which seemed a really good price to me, but I was unsure whether Toyo Proxes were any good!!??

Any advice, recommendations, or brands to avoid would be much appreciated!!

Cheers

Mini Cooper
Due to funds, it looks like hes got 2 options:

Yokohama A539 195/45 R16
or
Toyo Proxes T1-R 195/45 R16

Which is the best out of these!! I have the A539 in 17s on my 206 at the mo and have been quite impressed with them!! But Ive never experienced Toyo Proxes!! Bearing in mind I wont be ragging or racing the car, just everyday normal driving!????

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The toyo t1-rs are crap in the wet mate .I can't comment on the yokohamas as i've never tried them but i'm sure they can't be any worse than the toyos .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The toyo t1-rs are crap in the wet mate .I can't comment on the yokohamas as i've never tried them but i'm sure they can't be any worse than the toyos .If he goes for the 40 profile rather than the 45 his speedo will under read .

Ooops double post , lol .

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Due to funds, it looks like hes got 2 options:

Yokohama A539 195/45 R16
or
Toyo Proxes T1-R 195/45 R16

Which is the best out of these!! I have the A539 in 17s on my 206 at the mo and have been quite impressed with them!! But Ive never experienced Toyo Proxes!! Bearing in mind I wont be ragging or racing the car, just everyday normal driving!????

Due to funds your mate may be getting booked into a body shop after binning it in a ditch etc etc.

The tyres are one of the most important areas on the car, crap tyres = crap handling.

Sell it & buy a ford KA!