ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Was Your First Mobile Phone?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Inspired by a thread on HUKD today, (some truly hideous phones posted on there), what was your first mobile phone?
My first phone was this beauty, I think it cost me something like £100 for the phone, plus £25 a month for the line, and 50p a minute for calls lol, it was an awesome phone at the time though and made most other phones look like bricks..
b2ccc55a70.jpeg
b2ccdc0809.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Motorola montreal. Wow! I once had no credit and tried to send a text 3 or 4 times, eventu ally it went through! Weird!

Best phone I had was...

a67d095d095168ad938242d50ca14211.jpg

One of the first phones that you could watch sky sports news etc on. Loved it.

Coolest phone I had... I used to look the balls!

17f902f9d24a9f89fa5a6b0388cf73ba.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
bbabb2101777272bf11b01c473ba47d7.jpg

Loved this phone, text messages too on one line. How did I survive on only 100 a month I don't know?! I still have the same number from when I was 12!

Pretty sure it was one of these

032C4EBB-F7EC-4C3B-BAB1-45FA6725B806_zpsky9afz5l.jpg

To add a third colour scheme....
image.jpg

Had a fortune telling thing, you plonk your date of birth in and it scores you out of 5 on love, money, chance etc etc.

Tell you what I did like though...

image.jpg

Loved that phone. Always felt kinda 'right'. Plus it had Stuntman on it too.

Had a V3 RAZR after that which was the same but less comfortable to use, not sure what was after, iPhone 4 maybe?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yep one of these for me too. PAYG baby.
Nokia-3310.jpg

Then, after only a matter of weeks, some scrote stole it whilst it was in my bag which was acting as a goal post.

So I got a replacement:

NOKIA_8310.jpg

Which my mum got for me on contract because I couldn't afford another phone but my paper round could afford the bill of £25 per month.

But it turned out 500 text message was nowhere near enough for young horny me, I made it through thousands of the b******s trying to get the birds at school to come back to mine after school before my mum got home from work.

Month two and my mum noticed a £250 bill and I got a royal bollocking.

PH2 172
Inspired by a thread on HUKD today, (some truly hideous phones posted on there), what was your first mobile phone?
My first phone was this beauty, I think it cost me something like £100 for the phone, plus £25 a month for the line, and 50p a minute for calls lol, it was an awesome phone at the time though and made most other phones look like bricks..
b2ccc55a70.jpeg
b2ccdc0809.jpeg
Mine was a Motorola effort,consisting of a breeze block of a battery with a handset perched on top,curtesy of BT.
Cost more than a 1.1 Fiesta & was less reliable.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
This phone was my fav

pic7.jpg

You could make your own templates as you were provided with a cutter that you could hover over magazines or anything and press down and it would cut them out. Really quite unique!

Just on the review for it now...

After transferring photos to PC - they look really nice

Image003.jpg

It's incredible how our perspective changes due to tech.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I can't remember. I was a serious phone whore, I was always changing phones.

Motorola Razr, Samsung D600, Sony ericsson walkman, so many Nokias. Loved phones back in the day, they're all generic and s**t now.

With that being said, I'd be lost without my iPhone. Still prefer the looks of the old ones.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
First Mobile device was a Motorola Bravo Classic Pager and then the list below followed

Nokia 101
Nokia 1611
Nokia 6110
Nokia 5110
Nokia 8810
Nokia 8890
Nokia 8910i
Nokia 6590
Nokia 6310i
Nokia 6610i
Nokia 7280 (jinx)
Nokia 8800 sirocco
Nokia 6330
Nokia N80
Nokia 5210
Motorola strata
Motorola V Dot
Iphone 3g
Iphone 4
Iphone 5
Iphone 5s
Iphone 6

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
My first came in 1998 courtesy of Barclaycard - it was a monstrosity but it got me mobile a month before I went to uni. So many others had exactly the same phone...

image.jpg

Then I had a T28s with a plasticky flip thing. Tiny phone, loved it:

image.jpg

I left my Samsung A300 in a cab and never saw that again. Loved that phone too:
image.jpg

Then I had a W880i - the smallest phone ever. I'm going to power it back up, get a SIM for it and use it again - so dinky:
image.jpg

Phones are so generic these days, all the character has been removed and there's no quirky design features, although inside the technology has come such a long way lol

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Nokia-7250-02.jpg

Had a 5210 before it but still have the above as an emergency phone. Has wap Internet and everything.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
This phone was my fav

pic7.jpg

You could make your own templates as you were provided with a cutter that you could hover over magazines or anything and press down and it would cut them out. Really quite unique!

Just on the review for it now...

Image003.jpg

It's incredible how our perspective changes due to tech.
I remember when I got that phone.

OMG....a camera.....on a phone!

997.1, Caddy, e208
I've still got an 8310. Use it for festivals, but power banks will probably mean I keep my OPO.

Clio Trophy
I had a 3310, think it was pretty much standard for most people back then, been on orange/ee for 17 years+

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was the Nokia 8110 - which I got two weeks before The Matrix was released. Blissfully unaware of the film, I had sales guys in the office offering me £400 cash for the phone - lol.