ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What wheel with 280mm disc, brembo 4 pot set up?

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Hi
I’ve downgraided my brembo conversion from the 300mm disc to a 280mm disc so I can run a 15’ alloys going forward. I splashed out on some brand new Calibre Suzuka wheels but they are fouling on the inner step of the alloy by quite some way. Luckily I can return them but i’m interested in what alloys people have made work with this conversion? Note - I have had the 5mm machined off of the callipers.

I’ve seen it with T.D. 1.2 & T.D. 1.3. Are there any other options without massive spacers?

Cheers

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’ve got oz ultraleggera’s and Speedline 2118 in et 37.. with the ultras I have to run a 15mm spacers. With the 2118 there is loads of room compared to the ultras.
Think your have to go for a low et wheel..like et 25

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Et35 but i’ve tried with a 10mm spacer and it need at least another 20mm on top.

Whith the ET37 2118s do you need a spacer as well?

I do expected to run a spacer but I don’t want this to be massive!

Cheers

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate, I'm currently running Cup turinis (ET 38.5) with 10mm spacers and using Brembo 4 pots from a Meg with 280mm discs. I use my ET37 2118's in the summer and they need at least 10mm to clear. Even then the calliper sits incredibly close to the inside of the wheel, so much so that I had to get them rebalanced as they were fouling the calliper.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
@Hyperhatch, I just run 15mm spacers on both wheels but the 2118 have so much more room round the caliper than the ultras.
Think the ultraleggera’s are a conical wheel (wheel gets narrower on the outside edge) where as the 2118 are a straighter wheel giving more space.
I’ve done 3 track days and quite a few hundred miles with the spaces and not had any problems...also run pms wheel studs, 197 4 pots, 6mm off mounting points.
If I was looking for new wheels I’d be looking for a minimum of et 25 to run with out spacers.
Hope it helps.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Sorry didn’t see you’ve tried 10mm with et35...making et25.
Pretty sure that’s why everyone runs TD 1.2 as the spokes are bowed out.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like TD1.2s then. I like the 2118s so might look for a set of them aswell

First off get the Suzukas back and then start the hunt.

Cheers for the help