ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What wheels are on my 172?

Hi there,

I only got my Clio 172 in February, and it came with these black multispoke alloys.

They have renault (logo) center caps that the paint seems to have come off of.

IMG_476.JPG

I am just trying to work out what make they are, just out of curiosity. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks, Sam.

dan's cast offs.
pretty certain they are fox, have got a set in the garage, recognise the valve in a stupid position. wait until you feel how heavy they are!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Look like either BK racing or LG to me.

Shame because they're crap whatever they are, but you have lovely tyres on them.

Look like either BK racing or LG to me.

Shame because they're crap whatever they are, but you have lovely tyres on them.

Just saw silver BK Racing ones on Google Images, that looked almost identical except they were 17" so I think that's them. If only I had a spare £600-£700 I would be having OZ wheels instantly!

You're correct though about the tyres, absolutely brilliant tyres. Can't fault them in the wet or dry. Not sure I would go with any other type now after these! :)

Just buy standard 172 or 182 wheels for it, there is no need to spend £700 on some after market ones.

I actually quite like the ones that are on it. Just gonna get them powder coated or re-painted black and carry on using them. I did also get the original 172 wheels with it, but they look absolutely terrible. Not sure what's happened to them but it looks like they've been curbed multiple times daily hahaha. Plus I love multispoke wheels on the clios. I think they look awesome!

Not sure what to do now haha. Might wait for a month or two, then see if I can pickup a set of 182 wheels, as I quite like them.

We'll see though.

That's hideous.

If you want to punish your own eyes wouldn't it be cheaper to just jam your fingers in them?

Hahahaha I guess so lol. It's annoying me now that I have 16" tyres, as if I had dropped a size to 15" I would've been able to pick up a really nice set of wheels for £250 odd! I do still like my current ones although someone did say they are crap. The curbing isn't too bad so I'm just gonna get them painted and maybe get a refurb on the genuine renault ones, then possibly stick a set of slicks on them at some point.

RB Clio 182
Sell the alloys, keep the tyres and then buy a decent set of cup pack alloys and put your tyres on them.

You could even drop some turinis with tyres for a good price on here.

I absolutely love turinis but unfortunately wheels is not something on my list ATM. The car was bought mainly to be used on-track, and I need to concentrate on getting other stuff just now (brakes etc.) before I even think about spending £400 on alloys. Gonna get my current ones painted just for the time being, get all the stuff on my list, then I'll think about alloys within the next 2-3 months.