ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what wheels to buy for my 172 cup

clio 172 cup
hi all im wanting some new wheels for my 172 cup but i cant decide weather to go back to standard turinis or something different any opinions welcome :) thanks Dane

RB Clio 182
Standard turinis do look very nice imo.

If i could go back, i would have got those for my 182 rather than my ultraleggeras.

clio 172 cup
yeah i agree with you , i love the turinis too but never got the choice as mine ad big daft 17 inch things on when i got it lol ive had 182 ones on for the past few months but ive now sold them, think it probly with be the turinis.

i like the ultraleggras aswell i had them on my old 106 gti

clio 172 cup
ive had 4 gtis and a rallye with gti coversion , my 1st one was the fastest an could keep with my mates 172 cup until about 3rd gear then the clio would creep away, tbh i wouldnt say there was a great deal of differance between them but my 106 had a few mods an my clio is just standard,obviusly the clio is more responsive as its a 2 litre but the 106s are quick for a 1.6 with a few mods.

RB Clio 182
ive had 4 gtis and a rallye with gti coversion , my 1st one was the fastest an could keep with my mates 172 cup until about 3rd gear then the clio would creep away, tbh i wouldnt say there was a great deal of differance between them but my 106 had a few mods an my clio is just standard,obviusly the clio is more responsive as its a 2 litre but the 106s are quick for a 1.6 with a few mods.

I know they are mate, i had a stage 3 corsa vxr running 240bhp and on a private runway i couldnt pull away from one, i found out later his was 160 bhp, cams filter, exhaust and map, it was very quick once rolling.

Its weird and a lot of people would disagree, but my 182 feels faster than my old vxr too and its only got a filter and exhaust.

clio 172 cup
people really under estimate the 106s , i think its cos there so light ,
the clios are fast aswell i love mine , its all tucked away for winter now just going to sort out a few things that need doing and a few mods.

RB Clio 182
people really under estimate the 106s , i think its cos there so light ,
the clios are fast aswell i love mine , its all tucked away for winter now just going to sort out a few things that need doing and a few mods.

I love mine too mate, its by far the most fun car ive had, i also havnt had a single problem in almost a year which is good.

I had a factory order corsa vxr nurburgring before this costing 20k with options, its no where near as fun as this, they are just cute fast and lovable lol.

clio 172 cup
lol that really says alot about the clio if you prefer it over the corsa vxr :) think im going out shopping for a few bits for the clio today , i took the inlet manifold off yesterday to clean the engine up an discovered i need a couple of gaskets for it as there leaking , nothing major but needs doing lol :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Ultras have grown on me;

9429479652_222cf67386_z.jpg

IMG_5015 by cobzy1, on Flickr

200 with booost
Plenty of wheels out there, OZ, Sparco., Team Dynamics. Go for something different, would be nice to see a few more Clio's without Turunis.

clio 172 cup
i no what you mean everyone seems to stick with tutinis that why i was thinking somthimg different

i seen these but not sure what they will look like on the clio
te2e2ypy.jpg

and i love them ultras on your 182 it looks nice ;)