ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you do..another Fiesta ST thread

Ave just been having some thought about this.. what would you do....
Ive had my 172 Cup for 3 yrs now and loved every min of it. But i feel its starting to fall apart, thr thumb grip is coming off , knocking from the suspension and bad interior rattles. Also warenty runs out June, needs taxing for the increased price of 190 and aa cover finished. so.. that said i still love the power it has and its handling.

Right so would you trade for another used 182 with low miliage(same experience i suppose) or get somthing different. the only thing that would fit the bill is a nearly new Fiesta ST.

i Know the fiesta does have the same power and when really pushed the clio woul batter it, but for a ever day to day drive are they really woulds apart?

so what would you do?

sorry if it over laps the previous ST post a little.

172 Cup
Was very very tempted by a Fiesta ST but after owning it for a month I think I'd soon get bored of it.

Decided to head to the Darkside instead.

clio 200 F4Rt
i wouldnt say no to a new Fiesta, nice little cars. And if you wanted a bit more power, aBTB manifold and system will release about an extra 20bhp (proven) so you up to 172 power already!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Are the new STs built on the redesigned fiesta or the previous shape still? The newer ones have new lights.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The ST should of been the breakthrough car that ford never made.It should of looked like it did but had 200 bhp and a set of big brakes,but as usual with ford lately we get watered down versions of potentially great cars...hence the reason i moved over to renault from ford

ian

Clio 182
if it were me i'd not get either, a 182 is just going to be the same, Fiesta ST not as much go as you had so you may regret it. Astra GSI? or Type R? or a Golf GTI? or Audi A3? I would definatly look for a different driving experience but thats just me !!

MINI JCW
fmp_ said:
i wouldnt say no to a new Fiesta, nice little cars. And if you wanted a bit more power, aBTB manifold and system will release about an extra 20bhp (proven) so you up to 172 power already!

Yeah but it still wont be as fast as it is heavier and then your insurance will probably be more than a 172/182 as insurance companies are not too keen on performance increasing modifications

MINI JCW
oneeighttwo said:
if it were me i'd not get either, a 182 is just going to be the same, Fiesta ST not as much go as you had so you may regret it. Astra GSI? or Type R? or a Golf GTI? or Audi A3? I would definatly look for a different driving experience but thats just me !!

totally agree, I would move on to something totally different, me personally Id go for an Audi S3