ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you like Renault to make?

Renault Clio 1.6 RXE
A car thats todays R5 GTT something very unexpected and unique...oh and if they actually let people build it and not a bunch of peanut paid monkeys.

i would like to see a renault supercar, something like audi did with the R8. realistic bring back the renault 5. ^^^^^^

I'd be interested in a new RS Twingo with a small turbo engine available in 5 doors... I have kids :)

Seriously though a Clio r30r would be nice.

Mini Cooper S
I'd like them to make good on their warranty obligations without the customer having to go through hoops.

I was amazed this morning. I walked into my local Renault dealer, I had 2 blistering headlights - fook knows what's happened with them. I also had 2 front wheels, with paint peeling off. One wheel curbed (not near the affected area). Half hour later, "Yes we will replace all defected parts with brand new items". Hopefully they'll stick to their word and get it sorted for me next week! No complaints so far :) The car in question is 2 years old.

I reckon a forced induction RS Clio would be pretty cool, easier and cheaper to tune. It would also have a better looking front end, however they are growing on me! And I'd like Renault to improve their marketing, to somehow reduce depreciation so much!

idealy a 200cup with forced induction idealy supercharged linear power delivery so maybe ''300cup'', smart enugh with the right mechanics and electronics to get the power down and not waste any... yum..

R26 + EV0 FQ340
As has been said alot allready - A turbo'd clio. I think a 300 Is taking It up a few steps. Maybe a 230 and If they can lighten It all the better ;)

S4 Avant
Does no one understand that the sporty clio has always been a revvy naturally aspirated engine?
The valver, williams, 172, 182, 197 and 200 all have an N/A engine, turbo charging a clio would ruin what it's all about.

R26 + EV0 FQ340
Maybe so but seems alot want something small, nippy fast that picks up quicky and you don't have to screw the tits off It - myself included. Maybe the clio should be kept N/A but what else are Ren gonna do? Bring out an entirely new model that's designed from the start to be turbo'd..?

R26 + EV0 FQ340
But If other people apart from myself are wanting such a car surely there's a gap In the market for Ren to fill. TBH I've never really looked at the corsa VXR. They just look wrong, too chavvy If you will and If there anything like what I've heard about the astra VXR then the handling won't be all that either.

Funny you should say that Will as I'm In the process of trying to find a good one but would much prefer something smaller, Just don't want to have to screw It all the time to make It shift.

Like a few other people have mentioned I'd like to see a new R5 turbo. 1.6 turbo, LSD, decent suspension and a nice stance plus it would have to look like the old one just brought up to date a little.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Like a few other people have mentioned I'd like to see a new R5 turbo. 1.6 turbo, LSD, decent suspension and a nice stance plus it would have to look like the old one just brought up to date a little.

That would be nice, Shame the 1.6t mini just doesn't cut it.

S4 Avant

Sense. You have it.

If renault followed the way of the fiat 500, vw beetle and mini, they could well be onto a winner.

That would be nice, Shame the 1.6t mini just doesn't cut it.

It's too heavy, z-axle is partly to blame tbh. There's no reason why a reliable 180bhp can't be seen from a 1.6t with direct injection. Keep the dimensions small rather than following the ever bloating "small" car syndrome manufacturers suffer from and the weight down with a mixture of carbon and alloy body panels and you'll have a good handling and accelerating hatch that's a riot to drive.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
3.0 v6 you say?
car_photo_305316_7.jpg

http://photos.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_610/car_photo_305316_7.jpg