ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you pick? 172ff or cup

Will soon be 172!
Hi, just a quick 1.
I would like to know what 172 you would pick? The ff or cup? :D And why you picked it?

2 litre twin turbo estate
FF simply because i prefer my comforts to a bit more poke and handling

i have the best of both worlds 182FF with cup packs

istockphoto_298677_can_o_worms.jpg

if i had to a pick a 172FF or 172Cup it would be the FF as I would want the ABS. If the cup had ABS I'd go for it. Though its all about ph1 for me

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
FF is for softies.

If you are hardcore, like your car raw and uncompromising......basically are a man, get the Cup.

;)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
get the cup! awesome driver feel and basically! you have less crap french electricals to go wrong! and it shows you have bigger balls lol

Golf 7R
Cup everyday of the week. Its not just a track toy, it still has some level of comfort its not a go kart. If you can live without half leather and TC, then the only thing you will miss is the AC which even some come with (albeit very rare) also mondial blue is the best colour, and real drivers prefer no ABS!

Biased YES Wrong NO

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i have the best of both worlds 182FF with cup packs

WTF??

I've got a 172FF, but if the 172cup is what people make out i could live without the luxuries, i think my car feels abit bogged down sometimes, would be so much more alive with 80kg less.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cup EVERY time. Looks the best out of al the MK2 Clios. I replaced it with a Cup-packed 182 (ff) and it just didnt hit the spot. I misss my Cup from time to time.

Up rocks
I'm glad the general feeling for 'drivers' is the Cup because i've been trying to decide which to go for myself, decided on the Cup in the end so should be picking one up on Friday :) Although I WILL miss my VAG inspired interior of my Cupra (Leather, Aircon, Climate etc etc). But hopefully the Cup will keep me entertained.

Cup everyday of the week. Its not just a track toy, it still has some level of comfort its not a go kart. If you can live without half leather and TC, then the only thing you will miss is the AC which even some come with (albeit very rare) also mondial blue is the best colour, and real drivers prefer no ABS!

Biased YES Wrong NO

If it was track only I would agree with you, but on the Road ABS is a life saver

RB 182
get a cup and save ya money cus no dowt ya'd only end up stickin turinis and a cup spoiler and splitter on it. ABS is overrated:rasp:

RS mk2 172
I bought the ff version after testdriving both at the dealer and to be honest I couldnt live with the cup interior and lack of extras for a saving of only 80kg??
That said the mondial blue is nice and I would have chosen it as a colour if it was available.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
abs isn't a lifesaver...... rarely got it to kick in in any of my cars tbh. also when it did kick in i struggled with the concept of keeping pressure on the peddal whilst its pumping for me. immediate reaction was to let off. know others that feel the same

abs isn't a lifesaver...... rarely got it to kick in in any of my cars tbh. also when it did kick in i struggled with the concept of keeping pressure on the peddal whilst its pumping for me. immediate reaction was to let off. know others that feel the same

ABS prevents accidents which therefore makes it a lifesaver. As for rarely getting it to kick in, you shouldnt be getting it kicking in all the time, just like you shouldnt get traction control kicking in all the time, but when these things do they stop you ending up in a hedge

Golf 7R

Biased YES Wrong NO

If it was track only I would agree with you, but on the Road ABS is a life saver

Not if your driving within your means!

EP3 Civic Type R
CUP!!!!!!!!!!

Lmao at people wanting luxuries. It's hardly a stripped out racer!

Do you actually have any further constructive argument against ABS or are you just going to continue comparing me to your mom?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Personal preference, I went for a FF because I don't want a car without ABS. I'm sure some people will try and disagree, but there's a huge body of evidence proving that ABS is an incredibly useful safety device. Even the best driver in the world, driving within there limits (only driving as fast as you can see etc.) will at some point get caught out by a lapse of concentration or an unexpected event.
TBH anyone that doesn't believe that they could get caught out, and that they are completely in control, is deluded.