ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What you reckon?

I currently have a 2001 mk2 ph2 1.2. on 106,000 mile
Its lowered, Sport Grille, Colour coded side strips all the CS mods as usual!

But would you swap it for a MK1 1.4?

What one would you prefer?

will the 1.4 be much quicker? as its only 8v?

Titanium 182
1.4 8v is about the same as 1.2 16v.

Its a tiny upgrade even if its to a 1.4 16v anyway just save for a 2.0 ;)

OOOO forgot to mention, The mk1.4 wouldnt cost me anything to get, and has 30,000 mile on it, and its mint, whereas my 1.2 is dented and scratched to buggery!!

Its such a tough call, i love the fact that my 1.2 is newer, is a 1.4 as raw as people say? And are the MK1's looked down upon as much as it seems?

Nissan 350z
Id rather have a lower mileage, better condition Mk1 than a Ph2 thats worse for wear and over 100k.

[edit] Unless of course the Mk1 is some sort of gay pride pink colour or showing signs of rust on the wheel arch?

B

Ben^

your car has over 100k on it and accoring to you has dint/scratches, you are saying this car is mint with 30k, doesnt really matter if its mk1 or not tbh if its in better condition. Its a 1.4 so people are not going to sit and judge you at traffic lights becuase ur in a mk1.

You car may start costing you serious money around mot time with that mileage and the condition you say its in so I would take the other one whilst you have a chance.

^ very valid point, altho my car is yet to fail an MOT! And i service it myself and am forever working on it to keep it "in healthy condition". hmmm i suppose mk1 it is!
ITs just that i love the mods i have done to my 1.2 and im not sure i would want to do the same to the MK1, so that makes the mk1 seem a bit boring really!

I've got a Mk1 1.4, H reg on 57k, imo its in mint condition, the head gasket might be gone atm but it was fine before the battery went, so i say go for it! But then again i always wanted a Mk1 :)

I've got a Mk1 1.4, H reg on 57k, imo its in mint condition, the head gasket might be gone atm but it was fine before the battery went, so i say go for it! But then again i always wanted a Mk1 :)
Have you ever been in a mk2? Do you find it quicker? And is it more "Raw"??
would appreciate your opinion.

Straight swap?:eek:

Well other person pay for postage. Your car is black yea?

Nope it is Grey!

bg.jpg

1.2 without sport grille,

DSC_1162.jpg

middle one

Tbh i know little about the mk1, bar the fact its low mileage and in good knick and a 1.4! I don't even know what colour it is, a distant relative has offered it to me, and its all a maybe at the mo, so don't want to sound over keen!

Not a Mk2 that i could compare to mine I'm afraid! I can only big up the Mk1 lol, for the short time mine was running, it was great, motorways were fine etc!

B

Ben^

I would keep MK2 just because people think its newer etc

It is a good point but it has over 3 times the mileage on it and is in worse condition so I would take the mk1, doesnt really matter what other people think tbh. Dont think anyone will judge you and what mk clio you have in all fairness.

I would think it through and do what you think is right mate, if you do get the mk1 though, dont mod it and save ur money for a mk1 172 ;)