ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's a 'clock wheel' (air bag content)

My air bag light came on this morning..... which is strange as all airbags have been removed and replaced with resistors. I looked at the steering wheel resistors this afternoon - all looked ok. Tomorrow I'm going to look at the seat / side impact wiring and check the resistors there.

Researching the topic on Cliosport I came across references to something called a clock wheel or clock spring ..... any ideas what that is?

Sorry if it's a numpty question.

To answer your question a little more accurately, it’s effectively a metre or more long ribbon cable that is wound around and allows the steering wheel to turn both ways by winding up and unwinding as the wheel turns, it has one or more tracks in it for stuff like horn, air bags, cruise etc

It sits inside that comm unit as we would call them in Peugeot land ??

Can you not get the car plugged in? If your from Notts area I’ll happily plug it in for you and you’ll find the issue way quicker than guessing, also if you have resistors I’d personally fit them before the clock spring anyway to elevate any potential clock spring issues ??

Thanks for the reply .... sadly I'm nowhere near Notts. I'm going to take it to a local garage (MX5 Heaven) and ask them to put a code reader on it. I assume you can tell which 'air bag' circuit is playing up from the code.